16 | Rodri 2024/25

Not always true. See my thread in off topic. I currently have a meniscus tear and I am awaiting surgery. I did it training and it was a full 24 hours before I knew something was very wrong.

However, I do want you to be correct, and that Rodri is going to be fine. Fingers crossed he is.
There are a lot of different meniscus injuries that you can have, all with different levels of pain, swelling, operation options and recuperation schedules.

Not always true. See my thread in off topic. I currently have a meniscus tear and I am awaiting surgery. I did it training and it was a full 24 hours before I knew something was very wrong.

However, I do want you to be correct, and that Rodri is going to be fine. Fingers crossed he is.
I did my medial ligament back in the 90s, I knew something was wrong as it hurt like hell, I got up from a tackle and thought oh it’s fine as I moved, it wasn’t until one of the lads said rotate your knee, I crumpled in a heap, I was on crutches for 3 months the RAF did nothing for me surgery wise it was just strapped up, eventually I got to a physio who diagnosed it as a medial ligament tear, had lots of physio but didn’t play again that season. Rodri walked off yesterday but once they do stress tests and scans it could be a completely different story, he’s got the best care but if it’s bad I don’t think we will see him again befure the knockout stages of CL if at all, fingers crossed it isn’t that bad though.

I did my medial ligament back in the 90s, I knew something was wrong as it hurt like hell, I got up from a tackle and thought oh it’s fine as I moved, it wasn’t until one of the lads said rotate your knee, I crumpled in a heap, I was on crutches for 3 months the RAF did nothing for me surgery wise it was just strapped up, eventually I got to a physio who diagnosed it as a medial ligament tear, had lots of physio but didn’t play again that season. Rodri walked off yesterday but once they do stress tests and scans it could be a completely different story, he’s got the best care but if it’s bad I don’t think we will see him again befure the knockout stages of CL if at all, fingers crossed it isn’t that bad though.

Knowing military medics, they probably fobbed you off with some brufen and paracetamol.

So if there is a suspected ACL tear, the first thing medics will do is the Lachman Test. This assesses whether the ACL is correctly functioning in preventing undue contortion between the thigh and lower leg. It is considered a pretty accurate diagnosis of ACL issues - 85%+ which is good for a non-MRI orthopedic test.

The Lachman test can be done at various junctures but almost always will be tried very soon after the injury before any undue swelling appears which can impede the results. So my guess is Rodri's Lachman test is negative (i.e. indicating no acute ACL damage) and that is the reason for somewhat more optimistic reports.

Worth noting also that MCL and LCL ligament damage are generally more painful than ACL for various reasons, one being the MCL spans a greater part of the leg. So how much pain Rodri is or isn't in is actually not necessarily an accurate barometer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.