16 | Rodri 2024/25

Trying to think of similar injuries down the years.

I remember De Bruyne missing a part of the end of the 15/16 season after getting done in the knee ligaments during the Everton semi-final in the League Cup. And then missing the start of the 18/19 season after damaging ligaments but not needing surgery.

Laporte was stretched off when he did his ACL in 2019 and was back in January 2020. Mendy walked off when he did his in 2017 - and he even played on afterwards - but then spent the rest of the season not really looking after it as he should do. He ended up coming back in April 2018.

I think the clincher will be whether it's a strain or a tear. Mendy's was a tear and it fucked everything up whereas De Bruyne's strained his before, from memory? But either way I think Rodri will be back to help us before the end of the season even in a worst case scenario.

But regardless, we'll get on with it. That's what City do.

I'm sure I heard in the past that Wes Brown played with no ACL in one knee (for how long I don't know)

You get by it by doing work to strengthen all the muscles around the ACL to compensate
I’ve had no ACL since doing my knee playing footy at the end of Jan. I had a meniscus repair in April, done 6 months rehab and now got my ACL reconstruction next week. Other than not playing footy or going for a jog I’ve been absolutely fine. Can play golf, walk around, do spin classes etc, could probably get away with a jog but was advised not to as risks damaging the repair work done previously on my meniscus.

As an aside, it was the torn meniscus that caused me more pain, and even though I tore it and ruptured my ACL, my knee didn’t swell in the slightest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.