#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The solo 10 role doesn’t suit him, opposition know he’s the man to stop to stop us playing entirely. we need a double threat like we had with him and Silva or we need the two holding players to be capable of finding him more often which Rodri isn’t.

If we’re sticking with the two holding players I’d Personally I’d like to see him deeper as one of the two, the more of the ball we get him the better we are. even from deep he can create and makes space for a Foden/Bernardo in front of him.

That said, his on the field frustration with his team mates is exactly why I don’t think he’s good captain material. He might be in the right but no player is going to react well to being on the end of one of his moans.

The solo 10 role doesn’t suit him, opposition know he’s the man to stop to stop us playing entirely. we need a double threat like we had with him and Silva or we need the two holding players to be capable of finding him more often which Rodri isn’t.

If we’re sticking with the two holding players I’d Personally I’d like to see him deeper as one of the two, the more of the ball we get him the better we are. even from deep he can create and makes space for a Foden/Bernardo in front of him.

That said, his on the field frustration with his team mates is exactly why I don’t think he’s good captain material. He might be in the right but no player is going to react well to being on the end of one of his moans.
Same as against marseilles on Wednesday. We only started creating once we took off one of the defensive mids and went back to the 2 attacking mids in Bernardo and foden.
i think we’ve got the defence sorted, let’s go back to our normal 4-3-3 and attack teams again.
id love to see foden in the silva role and Torres outside him. Those two are full of running and already look like they compliment each other. Then sterling can go back to the right and mahrez can come off the bench (or not)

If we’re going to persist with a double pivot I’d play him deeper as one of the two, where he plays for Belgium. We can’t get him on the ball enough where he is for us.

I’d then give Foden a run as a 10. Foden and Debruyne in midfield hasn’t worked thus far because they’ve both played as two attacking 8s in front of Rodri who can’t run. However trying Debruyne deeper might be worth a try because what we’re doing now isn’t working for Debruyne or the team. FWIW if going double pivot I’d stick him next to Gundogan.

Tries to force the game too much. Playing that 10 role he goes at 100mph when we need more control and accuracy. He is trying to play that impossible ball everytime or running the length of the pitch with it. Also keeps skying any shots he gets.

Drop him deeper, calm him down and get him to play a few more passes to feet to get our control back.

The work de Bruyne has to do is to the detriment to his play with the ball at his feet.

Because he’s trying too hard with covering ground (he is everywhere, every game!), he’s trying too hard at everything else.

Gets out wide and puts 2 beautiful balls in which should have been 2 assists. He shouldn't be playing centrally behind the striker he's best when he drifts wide

You can see from the start that he is frustrated by the system. Expected to do everything but no space to do it in. Deserves to feed another frontline than the jokers in ours at this stage of his career

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.