#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously not at his best but he created the 2 late missed headers against WBA and also the chances for Mahrez and Sterling against Utd.
1 out of 4 scored from them may have given us 2 extra points.

Despite his last flurry, he was poor last night and has been for a while. He should not be exempt from criticism because of who he is and providing the odd chance should not automatically cancel all the other stuff he does that is just poor. We lack leadership on the pitch and Kevin has not stepped up to provide it.

Despite his last flurry, he was poor last night and has been for a while. He should not be exempt from criticism because of who he is and providing the odd chance should not automatically cancel all the other stuff he does that is just poor. We lack leadership on the pitch and Kevin has not stepped up to provide it.
Nobody is exempt from criticism but some players have more credits in the bank than others. Saying he creates the odd chance is a little unfair, when you consider he is the only one who creates anything. He may be playing below his usual high standards but he is still creating clear-cut opportunities every game. Without him, we wouldn't even be worth tuning in for.

Nobody is exempt from criticism but some players have more credits in the bank than others. Saying he creates the odd chance is a little unfair, when you consider he is the only one who creates anything. He may be playing below his usual high standards but he is still creating clear-cut opportunities every game. Without him, we wouldn't even be worth tuning in for.
Without blind devotion to the club, I would not be tuning in just now. Kevin is letting frustration impact on his performance and if he is truly the best midfielder in the world he has to be better than that. He tries things that his brain should tell him are impossible. Trying a shot when 2 x 6 foot defenders are no more than 18 inches in front of him is not clever play but how many times does he do it? I get he is all about quick play, release the play and thats what makes him so good when he is on it. The same aspect of his play unfortunately makes him poor when he is not.
Of course he has credit in the bank but his level should be far far higher than he is currently providing.

Without blind devotion to the club, I would not be tuning in just now. Kevin is letting frustration impact on his performance and if he is truly the best midfielder in the world he has to be better than that. He tries things that his brain should tell him are impossible. Trying a shot when 2 x 6 foot defenders are no more than 18 inches in front of him is not clever play but how many times does he do it? I get he is all about quick play, release the play and thats what makes him so good when he is on it. The same aspect of his play unfortunately makes him poor when he is not.
Of course he has credit in the bank but his level should be far far higher than he is currently providing.
I don't disagree that he is not reaching his usual heights but I don't blame him for being frustrated. The guy has given us the best years of his career and he has gone from having Fern behind him, Silva to his left, Sterling to his wide right, Sane to his wide left and prime Aguero right in front of him, to the mish mash of average/absolute turd around him now. I too would be frustrated.

Quick to throw his hands up and blame other players but never see him apologise for overhit passes, poor shots when better options available and never encourages team mates when things almost come off.. Definitely not a captain

Last edited:
I don't disagree that he is not reaching his usual heights but I don't blame him for being frustrated. The guy has given us the best years of his career and he has gone from having Fern behind him, Silva to his left, Sterling to his wide right, Sane to his wide left and prime Aguero right in front of him, to the mish mash of average/absolute turd around him now. I too would be frustrated.
David is a massive loss. Just bloody massive.

Kevin is as part of the problem as anyone though. Gundogan is playing well so it must be Rodri, Torres, Foden, Sterling, Mahrez and Bernardo you are classing as 'mish mash of average/absolute turd around him now'.

Kevin is a senior player, as often as not Captain, he isn't paid his hansom salary + bonus to be frustrated. He is paid to contribute and provide leadership to the team. His current contribution falls way short of what he is capable of. Hence the criticism.

He needs someone else to take some of the offensive burden in midfield. If only we had used to have one of the most promising teenage midfielders in world football in the squad. Oh well, there's nothing we can do now. Better wait for the opportunity to throw money at the problem.

De Bruyne's been far from his best so far this season but I'm not going to have a go at him while he's still putting the effort in. Especially when almost the entire squad is out of form.

He deserves some of the stick but, for me, it's quite clearly a management issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.