#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh right, so KDB missed a chance 3 days ago so that is relevant for this evening. Ok.

A point at the rags is disappointing however we seemingly played that way on purpose. We started this game the same then when the fucking game was on the line he delivered two chances and we still couldn't fucking score.

The point is hes just as guilty as the rest of them at missing chances, and hes miles below his level.

The point is hes just as guilty as the rest of them at missing chances, and hes miles below his level.
No he's not, rags game has been and gone. Everyone was shit that day (not the only one) then tonight he delivers and we fucked it.

The whole fucking team is miles below but the rest of them could only dream of delivering those chances he put in tonight.

What he and the club need to figure out is why he spent 90 minutes struggling with the ball at his feet but then right at the death he managed to put in 2 magnificent crosses which both ought to have won us the game.

I think having two strikers on helped in all honesty. It helped us get numbers in the box which meant CBs couldn't just block off whoever was in there.

There was another reason related to us being more aggressive in pressing and faster in movement, but I can't be arsed typing about it for the fiftieth time.

He'll get it right soon enough, I'm sure. Him at his worst still could have won us the game on two occasions.

Gets double marked by the opposition every game because no other player in the team offers any threat and people still whinge about wHerRe wAs kEvIn fOr 90 mInUteS?

Another ironic post.
You've done this twice now. Please explain what the purpose of your comment is other than to initiate a vitriolic exchange by directly quoting me. You're looking for a fight, I'm not going to participate.

I really think Kev needs to be played deeper. As a 10 he doesn’t have room to carry the ball or pick out the passes he’s so famous for. He’s basically playing right behind the striker and I think he would be better served dropped deeper, as a member of the pivot or as an 8 with Gundo/Bernardo playing the Silva role.

You've done this twice now. Please explain what the purpose of your comment is other than to initiate a vitriolic exchange by directly quoting me. You're looking for a fight, I'm not going to participate.
Because you're being a hypocrite. And so overtly as well.

You praise Gundogan and point out how people didn't previously see what he does, and then you criticise (specifically you mocked) Jesus who falls under the same umbrella.

Then you point out rightly that De Bruyne was being heavily marked, but don't say the same of Jesus who's being followed by 2-3 defenders all match. And has done almost everytime he's featured this season.
You pointed out Jesus's weaker goal return, but fail to acknowledge De Bruyne's. And whether you want to use old fashioned 'it's a striker's sole purpose to score' rhetoric or not, it's just as much on De Bruyne to score goals too in this set up.

Last edited:
I really think Kev needs to be played deeper. As a 10 he doesn’t have room to carry the ball or pick out the passes he’s so famous for. He’s basically playing right behind the striker and I think he would be better served dropped deeper, as a member of the pivot or as an 8 with Gundo/Bernardo playing the Silva role.
I think he is better in an open game against opponents who want to try to beat us, congested areas are not his best environment. The problem, especially in the second half tonight is, how can he play deeper when we are camped in their half, mostly just outside their area. How deep can he go in that situation, with only Eddie in our half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.