#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought he was excellent, still think all his arm waving is his frustration with himself, people saying he isnt playing to his best, and maybe he isnt but his average still stands out, fucking great player and fully committed.

i would like to see him deeper with a more flair type in front, he loves the one twos, and driving from deep.

thought his booking was fucking soft bw, turned to pass and the southampton player knicked it off his toes.

i thought he was excellent, still think all his arm waving is his frustration with himself, people saying he isnt playing to his best, and maybe he isnt but his average still stands out, fucking great player and fully committed.

i would like to see him deeper with a more flair type in front, he loves the one twos, and driving from deep.

thought his booking was fucking soft bw, turned to pass and the southampton player knicked it off his toes.
His booking was ridiculous.

I thought he was excellent today to be honest we seen different sides to his game today. Still his delivery to create the winner and created numerous chances, He was basically our centre forward at times dropping deep holding the ball up and looking for runners out wide which was strange today.
Would still love to see him deeper to get on the ball more.

I thought he was excellent today to be honest we seen different sides to his game today. Still his delivery to create the winner and created numerous chances, He was basically our centre forward at times dropping deep holding the ball up and looking for runners out wide which was strange today.
Would still love to see him deeper to get on the ball more.
Mixed. He has some great touches and passes but he also was caught in possession a lot and once again struggled to get some shots, and passes off.

He had more time and space because Southampton had a go. He'll have more problems when teams defend the last 1/3rd en masse.

Mixed. He has some great touches and passes but he also was caught in possession a lot and once again struggled to get some shots, and passes off.

He had more time and space because Southampton had a go. He'll have more problems when teams defend the last 1/3rd en masse.
Is that why we have him playing so far up though to try catch opposition out to free up space for Kevin? Since the departure of Silva we are struggling to get in between the lines of teams and our only outlet for that is De Bruyne. As you said today was mixed but he was effective today.

Is that why we have him playing so far up though to try catch opposition out to free up space for Kevin? Since the departure of Silva we are struggling to get in between the lines of teams and our only outlet for that is De Bruyne. As you said today was mixed but he was effective today.
The change in system is essentially to allow Kevi to launch counters more, and let Gundogan play deeper. Each is better than the other in that role, and instead of having it be more split evenly, Pep has just led into it.

This doesn't mean Gundogan doesn't have moments up the pitch, he has more freedom than Rodri to attack, but just less than the normal 433 would allow.

He doesn't look happy, maybe it is frustration, maybe it is because he is missing David, maybe he ain't getting a shag at home, maybe the captaincy is weighing heavy on him, but whatever it is he is nowhere near his best. He is still brilliant mind, but looks to me like he needs a couple of weeks on a beach somewhere chilling out.

This ain't a criticism of him, because he is beyond criticism but i fear we will burn him out and because he is in my opinion the 2nd greatest player to ever pull on our shirt it concerns me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.