#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we a better team without Kev? He hardly played in the 100 point season and since he's been out we look unbeatable. His quality and assists are unbelievable so maybe a position change put him in the false 9 (that worked well when he played there) or right sided attacker leave Benardo and Gundo where they are.
I wouldn't describe 35 appearances (in all comps) with 12 goals as hardly playing. I heard someone on the radio say this. It's a bit of a myth, like the false narrative about Foden's "game-time"

Probably not, but the question isn't as ludicrous as the responses would have you believe.

I'd wager that there's more balance without him, but not having the best direct creative player of this century not named Messi in your team is always going to be a net negative.

You'll get a lot of stick for, and I think the answer is no, but I do think squeezing in form Kev, Bernie, Gundo, Foden and Sterling in the same teams poses something of a problem - a good problem I might add - that Pep might have solved.

No we just haven't found a real way to get him and Bernardo in the same team together without losing one or the others best attributes by playing them out of position.

They both drift to the right hand side and we'd find ourselves badly exposed if we played them in the same midfield.

Meanwhile, play Bernie on the right and you lose width and the energy that we have thrived off recently.

Best way to get them both in is for Bernie to play as the false 9 but that formation isn't viable in every game.

Arguably don't get the current versions of Cancelo, Bernardo and Gundogan when Kev starts in midfield.

Cancelo occupies Kevs space in midfield and Kev won't cover for him like Bernie does

Bernie's best position is in Kev's position

With out Cancelo holding and Kev staying forward Gundo doesn't play as far up as often as he has to hold(5 goals in 5 games since Kevs injury..4 goals before)

Better - no, different - yes. I must admit that KDB does give the ball away a lot but that's because he's trying the more difficult passes.
Also, I think some of the players are more relaxed (Foden, Mahrez but Bernado mainly) without his little hissy fits.
Average 82% pass accuracy, as a comparison 77% for the new God across the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.