#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we a better team without Kev? He hardly played in the 100 point season and since he's been out we look unbeatable. His quality and assists are unbelievable so maybe a position change put him in the false 9 (that worked well when he played there) or right sided attacker leave Benardo and Gundo where they are.
No, ridiculous thought mate.

Bernardo brings a lot on that Position. Helping wingers and running through the middle.
Sometimes is our MC Line very static with KDB Gündo und Rodri.

I see KDB on false 9 when he comes back. Would give him a freedom to play and do what ever he wants.

We retain possession better without him, but lose his incredible creativity.

So it might be a case of it being beneficial that he wasn’t available for the Liverpool game, but detrimental for every other game he’s missed.

Better - no, different - yes. I must admit that KDB does give the ball away a lot but that's because he's trying the more difficult passes.
Also, I think some of the players are more relaxed (Foden, Mahrez but Bernado mainly) without his little hissy fits.
Agree, KDB is a high risk, high reward passer of the ball. We are better when he plays

Kev is probably the best midfielder in the world which would suggest he would improve any 11 in the world.

However,his presence does seem to cramp the style of 2 or 3 other players which then suggests we don't perform as well as an 11 (or that we can play a more cohesive 11) when he is on the pitch.

It isn't black and white like plenty are claiming,its a genuine talking point and very worthy of dissection.

All the people in this thread saying it's a stupid question and of course we are better with him would be the first to say we don't need him anyway if he handed in a transfer request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.