#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Square pegs?
Just thinking back to our lineup vs Liverpool, Mahrez for De Bruyne would be my only change, he could obviously come inside and swap with Sterling or Bernardo.

We've basically got 4 players (Foden, Kev, Bernardo and Sterling) that can play anywhere.

Are we a better team without Kev? He hardly played in the 100 point season and since he's been out we look unbeatable. His quality and assists are unbelievable so maybe a position change put him in the false 9 (that worked well when he played there) or right sided attacker leave Benardo and Gundo where they are.
If you start such a questionable thread then please know the history of your own club. Of the field players Kevin was one of the players who played the most games in the 100 point season.

Not better, no, but last few weeks prove we can afford to rest him or even drop him if he ever was off form. Basicallly despite having the best midfielder in the world, we are not a one man team.

It's obvious that Bernardo is one of the best midfielders / players in the world - when he plays as RCM..

I think our best team looks like this right now:

----------------------ederson----------------------------
walker---stones------------------dias--------cancelo
-----------------------rodri-----------------------------
---------debruyne---------------gundogan-----------
-sterling------------bernardo---------------foden---

during attacks:

----------------------ederson----------------------------
-----walker---------stones------------------dias-------
--------------rodri--------------cancelo-----------------
---------debruyne---------------gundogan-----------
-sterling------------bernardo---------------foden---

and in this scenario - bernardo plays wherever he is needed..

If there is difficulty to make a build-up due to high / aggressive pressing from the opponents - then he joins rodri and cancelo.

if there is difficulty to make small passes near the box - then he joins debruyne and gundogan

and etc. and etc.

I think Bernardo at this stage gives more value there as False9 and in overall deserves this place - than Jesus, Mahrez, Torres or Aguero - who hasn't played decent football since 2019..

So at least this year, until there is Haaland or Gabriel Jesus finally becomes the superstar :D - we can enjoy Bernardo-Debruyne-Gundogan in one team..

P.S I think if Walker / Debruyne weren't injured - that's the team Pep would have selected against Liverpool..

Mahrez / Zinchenko Out

Debruyne / Walker In

P.S.2 When I look at that team - I have feeling that boys are going to win "something big" this year :D <3

Are we a better team without Kev? He hardly played in the 100 point season and since he's been out we look unbeatable. His quality and assists are unbelievable so maybe a position change put him in the false 9 (that worked well when he played there) or right sided attacker leave Benardo and Gundo where they are.
He played 37 out of 38 games in the Centurions season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.