#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This must be the most ridiculous thread ever on Bluemoon and that is saying something and just for the record absolutely not

I think it shows the the cliché there is no I in a team. The lads have come out fighting.

Its the Sun so its probably bullshit but they are reporting that KDB is "annoyed" with the new contract offer from us

Probably and hopefully bullshit

I hate to say it and as much as I like Kevin and consider him the best player maker in the world by a large margin, I reckon that his long absence the last time we won the league and this season turned out to be a blessing in disguise and helped other players step up. It looks like we are less one dimensional when the responsibility lies with other players and our style does not revolve mainly around him.

Let him come back for the champions league. We will need him to rip the defenses of PSG and Bayern.

Seems a mental thing to say but the way we are playing at the moment I think the only way he comes back into the team is as a false 9 like how he played at Chelsea.
The midfield 3 of Bernardo, Gundo and Rodri looks solid and you wouldn’t want to break that up.
Rodri
Gundo Silva
Foden KDB Raz.

I can see us lining up like that for the Champions League and I wouldn’t be against it at all.

Seeing this thread develop just now,

I don't think the question is as dumb as some people make it to be, it's a valid enough question to ask considering how we've been playing in this fluid system with 3 players centrally with fantastic ball control (Not kevin unfortunately).

I can see some arguments, Cancelo is operating in the half space and providing "similar" kind of delivery here as Kevin, while letting Bernie play who has better ball control than Kevin in deeper spaces. The duo are justified in a sense as starters as they complement each other perfectly.

That being said... Kevin's overall ability to create chances at any position on the pitch is the BEST in the world, with Messi just about 2nd best.

The fact that Kevin can play False 9, LCM and RCM means that since we need rotation anyways, he can easily rotate in these spots for plenty of game time.

But if its about a knockout game or final in champions league... he starts over Bernie for me, he's just way too good at creating.

Kevin at RW isn't a real option to me, considering how wide we play our wingers and how we want them 1on1, that's not Kevin. If Bernie can increase his goal/assist rate in addition with what he's already doing, then the decision becomes way harder, and I seriously don't know who to pick, great problem to have mind you.

We're on a 15-match unbeaten run in the league. De Bruyne started all of the first 10 of those games. He also started our wins against United, Marseille and Birmingham in the cups in the same time period. He even got 2 goals and 8 assists himself in that run.

Half of Gundogan's goals this season have come in games De Bruyne started, and Bernardo was coming back into form with a brace against Birmingham before KDB got injured (in fact KDB started that game too). I just don't think the facts support the argument that we've been better since De Bruyne got injured. In fact I think we'd be playing even better were he still in the team.

Oh, can we also stop peddling the ridiculous idea that KDB hardly played in the Centurion season. If 37 games out of 38 is "hardly playing" then I don't know what to say.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.