#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch him one-on-one in the back near goal versus an able RB. He frequently fails to cut off crosses - and worse still, he's beaten inside with regularity. I do not at all trust him on defense.

Suggestion - this seems way off topic for this thread - you probably disagree with me - so post your reply in the Zinchenko thread please.

Im not looking for an argument, I’m just pointing our Zin has been rock solid for weeks now. Needs to be trusted more by us fans. Had Salah in his pocket at Anfield when everyone was shitting themselves.

Im not looking for an argument, I’m just pointing our Zin has been rock solid for weeks now. Needs to be trusted more by us fans. Had Salah in his pocket at Anfield when everyone was shitting themselves.

He has been very good but I like stones Dias and Laporte at the back just because they are very good defenders. So that only leaves one full back and Cancelo inverted from the right trumps zinc inverted from the left. We have plenty of games to play this season so all will get games.

If it was a champions league final tomorrow that would be my line up.

We're on a 15-match unbeaten run in the league. De Bruyne started all of the first 10 of those games. He also started our wins against United, Marseille and Birmingham in the cups in the same time period. He even got 2 goals and 8 assists himself in that run.

Half of Gundogan's goals this season have come in games De Bruyne started, and Bernardo was coming back into form with a brace against Birmingham before KDB got injured (in fact KDB started that game too). I just don't think the facts support the argument that we've been better since De Bruyne got injured. In fact I think we'd be playing even better were he still in the team.

Oh, can we also stop peddling the ridiculous idea that KDB hardly played in the Centurion season. If 37 games out of 38 is "hardly playing" then I don't know what to say.
I agree with everything you've said, however, it was the 99 point season and not the Centurion season that Kevin missed some game in. And it wasn't 1 game either.

He is the best Midfielder in the world. But we often don't suffer when he is out. Both things are true...

Some will make of that what they want. But the facts need not be misrepresented.

I agree with everything you've said, however, it was the 99 point season and not the Centurion season that Kevin missed some game in. And it wasn't 1 game either.

He is the best Midfielder in the world. But we often don't suffer when he is out. Both things are true...

Some will make of that what they want. But the facts need not be misrepresented.

Yeah, he missed most of the 98 point season, but since I think we played considerably better football in the 100 point season I still think it's a very important distinction to make and was worth correcting.

He had an excellent cameo, last night. I wonder whether a spell on the sidelines watching the performances of Bernardo, Phil, Gundo, Cancelo and Rodri has done him some good: he is a Rolls-Royce of a player, of course, but he played very simplistically last night - quick-release passes, one-touch play and economy of movement, and I thought he was much more effective for doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.