#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs taken out of the midfield until he finds form. Bernardo with Rodri and Dias with stones needs to be our spine. Pep is at fault for playing Foden and Bernie out of position. Far too much fucking about now everyone is available. Best team unless injuries or form. The lack of control in midfield was disastrous and had a huge impact on our defence.

Still think he is our best F9, with Bernie deeper.

Can't remember a game where that setup has failed, it's beaten all the top teams.

Last edited:
Stinker but he has to be in the team, we've seen many many times before he can make the difference in the big games.

I wouldn't be against him playing as a wide man in the big games, the midfield needs gundogan and Bernardo to function and give us the control, energy and tempo we need. False 9 the problem becomes he's the furthest man forward and therefore has nobody to play killer forward passes to, he spends a lot of his game out wide anyway, I'd like to see him start a game there.

Him constantly supplying either a false 9 or a jesus playing as a striker or even the opposite winger is a potential goldmine.

I couldn’t understand how he didn’t get substituted today. How many times did he give the ball away?

Still pinging those great balls into the box, as he always has.
Unfortunately there's nobody to get on the end of them anymore.

Did Kev know that Delap wasn’t on the pitch? Who was he incessantly crossing to in the box? Who did he think was going to win those headers, Bernardo 5’7” Silva up against Dier or a keeper who can use his arms and jump to about 10’ in the air?

Ridiculous tactics and for him not to be told to stop by Pep means Pep must have asked him to do it.

Did Kev know that Delap wasn’t on the pitch? Who was he incessantly crossing to in the box? Who did he think was going to win those headers, Bernardo 5’7” Silva up against Dier or a keeper who can use his arms and jump to about 10’ in the air?

Ridiculous tactics and for him not to be told to stop by Pep means Pep must have asked him to do it.
Totally agree about the futility of punting high balls over for Bernado etc, and in particular I think that defenders are happy to show him outside now given his loss of pace, so the angle for his crosses has changed relative to a couple of years ago.

His level has clearly dropped but playing inverted wingers and not having a proper striker isn’t doing his game any favours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.