#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had best game this season against Chelsea and played LCM role near to the opponent's box, while Bernardo played RCM and was deeper - supporting Rodri, controlling the ball and making build-ups..

End result -> KDB scored the winner, Rodri-Bernardo duo bossed the midfield, no errors in defense and everything was perfect..

You still can choose Rordri-Gundo-KDB in midfield, but in the big games - that's the total disaster. This trio may work against the bottom 10 or something like that, but PL has become so difficult and quality of the teams is so high, that such teams are reducing each year. And against the bigger teams - you shouldn't event think about it.

When you need super efficient ball control, build-ups, possession, 1 extra man to help Rodri -> without Bernardo we are and will be fucked (until club buys someone in the summer, but this season we have only Bernardo who fits that role..).

Our best midfields:
1) -----------------Rodri-------------------------
------Bernardo---------------Gundo------------

2) -----------------Rodri--------------------------
-------Bernardo----------------KDB--------------

3) -----------------Fern---------------------------
-------Bernardo-------------Gundogan----------

4) ------------------Gundo-------------------------
--------Bernardo---------------KDB----------------

5) -----------------Rodri----------------------------
---------KDB-------------------Bernardo-----------

6) ------------------Fern------------------------------
---------KDB--------------------Gundo---------------

7) ------------------Rodri------------------------------
----------KDB--------------------Gundo----------------

Today we played like our worst midfield trio. And the result was relevant.
I don't know, why Pep thought that this would work. Nonsense.

While still capbable of game changing moments,he looks painfully slow and cumbersome and has the turning circle of the Titanic.He loses the ball quite often too and that leaves us badly exposed.

It felt a bit like him expressing a frustration at the weekend. He kept doing the ball a striker would be getting on the end of but with no striker it wasnt working. His stats are being affected by the false 9 for sure and saturday he looked irritated

And also - I don't like the fact, that he isn't good in a "defense play" any more - in the most situations he doesn't even track back and is just oriented on the attack.

To be fair - he is as vulnerable near to our box as productive he is near to the opponent's one.. I'm not talking only about the defensive play, but build-up situations - when you mustn't loose the ball and be 100000% efficient in keeping it.. I can't even count how many times he has lost the ball there due to stupid mistakes, but somehow we were lucky..

So, as a result it means that he isn't able to play "box-to-box" any more and team needs to balance it somehow.. Same applies to Gundo, I'm not satisfied with his defensive contributions in overall, better near to the opponent's box, rather than helping Rodri..

That's why Pep should use "Chelse home" game as a guideline for the next 3 months, especially in the big games..

1) KDB / GUNDO as LCM and playing near to the opponent's box
2) Bernardo as RCM playing near to our box and making build-ups, helping Rodri and etc.

I think that's the best formula right now. In summer - if new arrivals will be able to balance above mentioned problems, then Bernardo won't be as vital as he is right now.

But right now, as I was saying in August (when many people here wanted him gone for 40 fucking millions or whatever joke offer Atletico had by that time) - without Rodri - Bernardo duo we are fucked...

Bernardo is the best number 8 since 2018 and before that it was David Silva...

FACT !!!!

And I'm sure Pep has perfectly acknowledged it, otherwise we are destined for the failure..

KDB is the best player we have, but number 8.. especially in the Pep's system - is something different..

Bernardo is the best number 8 since 2018 and before that it was David Silva...

FACT !!!

Sorry but typing FACT !!! does not actually make the statement correct, but merely seeks to reinforce your opinion .

A bit like stamping your feet ,

Sorry but typing FACT !!! does not actually make the statement correct, but merely seeks to reinforce your opinion .

A bit like stamping your feet ,
So what's your opinion ?

Who is the best number 8 in this City team and why.. I would like to read some arguments..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.