#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was ready for leaving him out yesterday due to the way he's been giving the ball away. My dad was adamant that "he's a big game player, he always plays well in these games". How right he was and how wrong was I.

I noticed afterwards that Pep said he's been playing with pain. Anyone know what this is about?
He said he was playing with pain at the beginning of the season but now he was fit and strong.

You could see a difference in him yesterday, he was running with it and at players. He believed in his own power and pace which we haven't seen a lot this season. It was like 17/18 KDB all over again. Just fantastic when he's in that mood, unstoppable really.

Just took a kick to the back of his calf. Think he'd have played on if he needed too but they'd given up and the game was gone.

I think we need to tweak in our own minds what De Bruyne is at the minute. We don't transition quickly at the moment so he can't really show the best part of his game very often.

That being said, yesterday was his best performance for a long time and he looked much fitter and free.

I was ready for leaving him out yesterday due to the way he's been giving the ball away. My dad was adamant that "he's a big game player, he always plays well in these games". How right he was and how wrong was I.

I noticed afterwards that Pep said he's been playing with pain. Anyone know what this is about?
I think it's the ankle injury that he (stupidly) played on with during the Euros and made worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.