#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said Saturday, he's not going to let us fail without running himself into the ground first. He's got that determined aura around him again. He's not going to let us surrender in any of the 3 competitions we're still in meekly whilst he's on the pitch. Making something happen every game right now and by God it's been needed. Hopefully he can drag the levels up of a few others around him who need to step up a gear. a masterclass on Sunday would be perfect please kev.

That's why he should play as a false9, brings more from that position and has the best skills for the CF from our current players.
I've said before, he isn't too far off in style from Harry Kane.

Kane as a striker veered more into playmaking, while KdB as a playmaker is now veering a bit into as a striker.

Best F9 we have.

If any player deserves to win the champions league it’s this guy. Always gives his best. At times tonight I thought he was too up for it, almost desperate, but once again he rose to the occasion. He’s a colossus, and after that **** smashed his face up in Porto, I can’t think of a more fitting tribute than Kev lifting the champions league in Paris.

Runs himself into the ground and took his goal brilliantly.However,his presence also pushes other players into positions that don't come natural and the amount of times he loses possession in dangerous situations should not be ignored.

Runs himself into the ground and took his goal brilliantly.However,his presence also pushes other players into positions that don't come natural and the amount of times he loses possession in dangerous situations should not be ignored.
He's my favourite player but I fully agree, a real risk/benefit choice, and why I prefer the benefit of him playing F9 in our current set up.

Think I have him above Yaya and right along Silva these days tbh as far as midfielders go. I suspect he'll even surpass Silva, which is mad. Just a footballing giant. Nowt he can't do.

De Bruyne is our greatest ever in my opinion.

I've thought that for 12-18months now.

He's got the big game decisiveness, pick the team up and carry them on his back that Yaya had and the technical ability Silva had.

And he's still got a few years left.

Last edited:

I'm sure as long as there are people critical of him - and especially, him - no one here will lose fact of his losing possession. Don't think most mind, as everyone loses possession once in a while, Cancelo, for one, or Mahrez, both more than De Bruyne. Sterling, too. Or Rodri, first half, oh, my. Kevin loses possession when he attempts a forward pass, which keeps the attacking engine of City going. His is high risk passing. Love or hate it.

He lost of few duels last night that he might not have lost if he hadn't been on a yellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.