#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said Saturday, he's not going to let us fail without running himself into the ground first. He's got that determined aura around him again. He's not going to let us surrender in any of the 3 competitions we're still in meekly whilst he's on the pitch. Making something happen every game right now and by God it's been needed. Hopefully he can drag the levels up of a few others around him who need to step up a gear. a masterclass on Sunday would be perfect please kev.
Otherwise known as ''The Hulk' in our house. When he gets angry you can see the determination and fight rising to the surface.

Strange game by Kev last night. He won us the game but I don’t think he had a great game. Average by his standards.

he needs to play further up the pitch as he’s losing a lot of possession in the middle of the park. Let foden take that role with Gundy & Rodri sat just behind

Strange game by Kev last night. He won us the game but I don’t think he had a great game. Average by his standards.

he needs to play further up the pitch as he’s losing a lot of possession in the middle of the park. Let foden take that role with Gundy & Rodri sat just behind
He basically just needs to be our striker.

He has the build for it, and is the best finisher.

Also let's us preserve him as he is a big game player, we shouldn't be making him run as much as everyone else for 90 minutes if possible.

I've said it before this season but Kevin really reminds me of Yaya Toure in his later days at the moment, after the title win under Pellegrini and just before Pep came in. The light might be fading and his age might be showing, but he still has it in him to swing his sword like old times, and just for a second (like his goal last night) it's as if he hasn't aged a day. The years and injuries are taking their toll on him now but he's battling through and producing a new kind of brilliance, one that's bruised and missing the hallmarks of his athletic prime but still capable of getting you off your seat and reminds you that footballers north of 30 years old still have tonnes to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.