#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a chance he is anywhere near 100% fit , maybe Martinez should leave KDB out of his squad , he risked aggravating his injury playing for Belgium at the euros and it is still hampering him, KDb needs a couple of week rest and treatment not going to Martinez's rescue , we pay his wages , Belgium can f*ck off.

Very inconsistent. Moments of total shit followed by pure class. Whilst there's no gundogan he has to be on the pitch because he's one of the few that can produce from nowhere but the second gundogan is back, he's not guaranteed a place in the starting 11 with this kind of form. That might not be a bad thing. Just needs a period to regain fitness and find his rhythm.

He often plays high risk passes, that's who he is. Soo much safer to play sideways. He was involved in the two City goals. When Gundogan is back, he can find his rhythm and fitness on the bench, then? Another said he looks like he's gone? Maybe Brentford would take him, if he's lucky and lowers his salary demands. The last 5 minutes he was dead, which, when you're finding your rhythm and played the three matches he and his mates played, is not unusual when you're getting back to your normal rhythm, which he's slowly doing.

It's scary. I hope to fuck I'm wrong, but it looks like he is done
I can see why you worry that might be the case. There’s a 5% worry in the back of my mind about that too.

But 95% of me thinks it’s just going to take him longer to get fully up to the optimal fitness levels after injuries now as he gets older, and that it’s just that he’s not fully fit yet.

There were some things he did today that were above the talent level of anyone else, but there were other things that were full of fatigue or lacked sharpness.

He often plays high risk passes, that's who he is. Soo much safer to play sideways. He was involved in the two City goals. When Gundogan is back, he can find his rhythm and fitness on the bench, then? Another said he looks like he's gone? Maybe Brentford would take him, if he's lucky and lowers his salary demands. The last 5 minutes he was dead, which, when you're finding your rhythm and played the three matches he and his mates played, is not unusual when you're getting back to your normal rhythm, which he's slowly doing.
Not sure why you've quoted me and linked it to another saying he is finished. I said nothing even remotely similar to that.

It's scary. I hope to fuck I'm wrong, but it looks like he is done
I'll repeat what I posted earlier - there are probably only 2 footballers in the world who could play that pass, with perfect weight out to Phil for the second goal. It was a forty yard gem of a pass over three players. Rumours of his demise are clearly being over exaggerated.

I can see why you worry that might be the case. There’s a 5% worry in the back of my mind about that too.

But 95% of me thinks it’s just going to take him longer to get fully up to the optimal fitness levels after injuries now as he gets older, and that it’s just that he’s not fully fit yet.

There were some things he did today that were above the talent level of anyone else, but there were other things that were full of fatigue or lacked sharpness.
Yeah, my main concern is that the next three years will start to look like Aguero's. It'll take him longer to get back up to match fitness, the injuries will become a bit more frequent, and the team, slowly to begin with and then a bit quicker thereafter, will adapt to him not always being there. But that's professional sport, it happens to everyone.

The problem isn’t the high risk passing. Even his fundamentals are off right now. Basic passing and holding onto the ball is found wanting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.