#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He struggled yesterday because the intensity went up a level and he isn't quite fit but having seen this last season I think he will come good again. This is basically a repeat of last season. This time last season he was way off. He's better one year on. My only doubt is whether he has an injury that is preventing him from training.

The false 9 works if you have 2-3 Lampards in your side. KDB when he is fit is capable of bursting through from midfield and scoring 10 league goals a season. Foden is too.

He is still carrying the ligament injury and may still need an op, bravo to himfor playing this weeks really important games as gundy is injuries , people writing him off are real jokers

Not sure why you've quoted me and linked it to another saying he is finished. I said nothing even remotely similar to that.

Wholly intended. You'd remove him from the starting line up when Gundogan is back. Which is hugely disrespectful to KDB.

The problem isn’t the high risk passing. Even his fundamentals are off right now. Basic passing and holding onto the ball is found wanting

That's typical De Bruyne after an injury. He's also had a pretty tough week in terms of fixtures. He'll settle down and show his class.

Wholly intended. You'd remove him from the starting line up when Gundogan is back. Which is hugely disrespectful to KDB.
Firstly I merely said he's not a guaranteed starter in current form when Gundogan is fit and available. Potentially replacing an out of sorts kdb with probably the most in form and consistent midfielder in the world over the last 18 months is no disrespect at all and certainly nowhere near comparable to somebody suggesting he's finished.

In fact, I'd flip that argument entirely and suggest it's far more disrespectful to Gundogan and the form he's been in to suggest he wouldn't bench the kdb we've seen in the last few games.

I think we can all agree KDB is not at his highest level. BUT even at a low level he produces more danger than 99% of players in the world. In fact, no one could say a City player that has produced more danger in the last 3 matches because there isn’t.

We have a very solid defense, and Rodri and Bernardo form a very solid defensive partnership. KDB losing more balls and being less fit than usual is not a big deal. In fact, it hasn’t cost us any real danger. What he produces, even at a low level, is far greater than what he loses.

People thinkings that losing less possession is more important than a player who easily creates 3-5 great chances to score per match are mental.

I think we can all agree KDB is not at his highest level. BUT even at a low level he produces more danger than 99% of players in the world. In fact, no one could say a City player that has produced more danger in the last 3 matches because there isn’t.

We have a very solid defense, and Rodri and Bernardo form a very solid defensive partnership. KDB losing more balls and being less fit than usual is not a big deal. In fact, it hasn’t cost us any real danger. What he produces, even at a low level, is far greater than what he loses.

People thinkings that losing less possession is more important than a player who easily creates 3-5 great chances to score per match are mental.
I agree with your stance on De Bruyne, but I'm not sure it's fair to say that people who believe consistently losing possession and creating chances is the ideal way to go are mental.

Firstly I merely said he's not a guaranteed starter in current form when Gundogan is fit and available. Potentially replacing an out of sorts kdb with probably the most in form and consistent midfielder in the world over the last 18 months is no disrespect at all and certainly nowhere near comparable to somebody suggesting he's finished.

In fact, I'd flip that argument entirely and suggest it's far more disrespectful to Gundogan and the form he's been in to suggest he wouldn't bench the kdb we've seen in the last few games.

“I have had a tough period with my injury, so I’m coming back little by little to my game," he said.

"I’m happy for being able to play three games in a row. It’s very important for me.”

- KDB

It's clear from what you say, that you wouldn't give him that opportunity. I'm glad you're not Pep.

“I have had a tough period with my injury, so I’m coming back little by little to my game," he said.

"I’m happy for being able to play three games in a row. It’s very important for me.”

- KDB

It's clear from what you say, that you wouldn't give him that opportunity. I'm glad you're not Pep.
Seems it's only clear to you, because I'll say once again, I simply said his place wouldn't be guaranteed in this form if gundogan was fit. If it's a choice between this weeks clearly not fully fit kdb and a fully fit gundogan for a big game then that's an easy choice.

It really is clear from what you say that you would bench our best player last season in favour of a player who in his own words isn't properly fit yet. I think everybody that isn't kdb can be delighted you're not Pep.

If Sterling was somebody like Mané he would’ve gotten 1 goal and 1 assist while being „shit“ says it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.