#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't track back and isn't involved in a defensive play as much as you expect from the midfield player..

Also those quick crosses and passes - sometimes aren't suitable for the other players and ball was lost for the number of times stupidly.

As Bernardo had to play LCM were he is completely useless - we were without midfield, that's why Grealish and Mahrez had to go deeper and help during the build-up..

Right now the only midfield trio that's working and able to play against a decent opponent is -> Rodri-Gundo-Bernardo..

Yep, game was entertaining but those 3 conceded goals - have their reason.

Strange how many can watch the same game yet see differently.

I thought Kev was Brill tonight
I thought he looked a bit rusty and unfit, which is understandable. He put some dangerous crosses in but I do think that he does affect the overall balance of the team.

I guess we gain going forward but lose defensively when he plays in CM. Perhaps if Jesus had started on the right instead of Mahrez, his energy may have helped cover for KDB a bit defensively.

He doesn't track back and isn't involved in a defensive play as much as you expect from the midfield player..

Also those quick crosses and passes - sometimes aren't suitable for the other players and ball was lost for the number of times stupidly.

As Bernardo had to play LCM were he is completely useless - we were without midfield, that's why Grealish and Mahrez had to go deeper and help during the build-up..

Right now the only midfield trio that's working and able to play against a decent opponent is -> Rodri-Gundo-Bernardo..

Yep, game was entertaining but those 3 conceded goals - have their reason.

You know Bernardo was MOTM against Leicester playing that exact same position, right?

You know Bernardo was MOTM against Leicester playing that exact same position, right?

Yes, but against Leicester Cancelo was playing with his right foot as LB and that helped him somehow..

And yes, that was a great match for Bernardo.. But in overall, he plays on that position - like he played today..

Leicester game unfortunately is an Exception.. You can't name a single match except that, when he was good as a LCM.. Maybe Atalanta away game in 2019, where he delivered assist - but it wasn't a great game considering his standards either..

He’s a false #8; not quite the sloppy stat padder that Fernandes is, but his assists do paper over the fact his all round game is dubious at times, and as others have mentioned, his presence subdues others who clearly prosper in his absence.

I’d rather see Grealish and Bernardo controlling the tempo of the game in the middle, and De Bruyne starting free on either wing, solely focused on delivering the ball into the box; we’d still reap the benefits of his creativity in the final third, without compromising the structure of the team. We used to get away with it with Fernandinho sweeping up behind him able to neutralise the opposition counters, but now the lack of mobility in the #6 role means we get exposed by decent opposition.

Yes, but against Leicester Cancelo was playing with his right foot as LB and that helped him somehow..

And yes, that was a great match for Bernardo.. But in overall, he plays on that position - like he played today..

Leicester game unfortunately is an Exception.. You can't name a single match except that, when he was good as a LCM.. Maybe Atalanta away game in 2019, where he delivered assist - but it wasn't a great game considering his standards either..

How many games has he actually played there? By the sounds of it Pep will be playing him on that side to complement Grealish a lot this season

Miles off the pace tonight from KDB. Reminded me of KDB at the start of last season. I hope that was just rust but after last season I am wary it might take months for him to get back to his best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.