#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I say he's getting an easy ride, I mean that people seem to treat every poor pass/shot as a 'rarity' based on his supposed world class status.
He's not world class anymore my opinion. He has great moments, but imo they aren't as frequent enough to justify the continued 'godlike status' that many seem to have elevated him to.
He's not a starter for me. He's been underwhelming.
This is not a criticism of a once magnificent player and still very good player, but I personally think we are a better team without this current KDB.

Bernardo particularly looks a very different and far better player without KDB, he becomes even more responsible on the pitch.

Not fully fit
His free role has to stop as it’s leaving big gaps. Wouldn’t mind see him at false 9 this way he doesn’t have to cover as much ground
I’m not quite sure you understand both what a false nine is, and the position KDB has played numerous times this season.

I’ll give you a clue…watch some video of us pressing in the final third.

In fact, I wish I had a clip if Pep talking recently about playing with TWO false nines!

Shit! I said I’d give you a clue and then told you the answer! Must be my New Year’s resolution to be nicer!

:-)

OK, one more clue…when we play the two false nines, who are they and what happens to the wingers if the ball gets past the two central pressers? And THEN what happens?

The hard part is there is no single correct answer, but there are lots of wrong ones.

This is not a criticism of a once magnificent player and still very good player, but I personally think we are a better team without this current KDB.

Bernardo particularly looks a very different and far better player without KDB, he becomes even more responsible on the pitch.
we are a better team against midtable and other shit teams. but whenever we play a strong team KDB is still a must, because he can alwasys conjure up some magic in a tight game. his legs are not the same though, so the only place I will put his is as a false 9.

I'm destined to be shot down for this, but I think that we would be better off selling KDB this month or next summer, than we would keeping him.
Yes, he's still a very good player (magnificent on his day) but, as we have proved many times over the past three seasons, we can live without him.

When I say he's getting an easy ride, I mean that people seem to treat every poor pass/shot as a 'rarity' based on his supposed world class status.
He's not world class anymore my opinion. He has great moments, but imo they aren't as frequent enough to justify the continued 'godlike status' that many seem to have elevated him to.
He's not a starter for me. He's been underwhelming.
Depends on what you mean by world class? if by world class technical level, then he can still reach the same technical heights as before. but if you mean by consistency then I agree he does not seem to be able to do it in 3 games a week.

I'm destined to be shot down for this, but I think that we would be better off selling KDB this month or next summer, than we would keeping him.
Yes, he's still a very good player (magnificent on his day) but, as we have proved many times over the past three seasons, we can live without him.
what kind of nonsense is this? he might not be consistently at a high level like before, but he can still be the most decisive player in any given game. He can still be the most decisive player in us winning a CL where it is all about producing magic moments.

I said it earlier in the year and nothing has really changed for me. If somebody came along with a big enough bid I'd accept it. On the flip side if he stayed (which considering the huge contract he signed, seems the most likely) then I can hardly be unhappy at that either.
There's no doubting his ability as a footballer and the moments of magic he's capable of but his age and general fitness have started to work against him and I'd be surprised if his form ever gets close to peak KDB again.
The false 9 is probably the safest position for him right now because I think we lose too much control when he's in midfield.

He looked very "leggy" on Saturday, with Arsenal players going past him far too easily. He's not the most tenacious tackler at the best of times but it's very noticeable now. He almost needs to be told to take a month off, get some rest and sun and come back refreshed. No way would I even think about selling him.

Lol

He isn’t capable of closing down like our younger nippier wingers and Bernardo but that’s about it for any weaknesses.

his passing for a proper centre forward (haaland) would be fantastic.

all those saying they would sell him, dear me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.