17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2023/24

the thought of pulling in a million a week for a couple of years must be tempting.

Leaving aside the fact that he’s got more assists than anyone in Europe since coming back, or the fact he’s still the first name on the team sheet for arguably the best team in the world…

KDB doesn’t strike me as particularly motivated by money. He turned down PSG (and presumably a lot of money) to join City, he’s already earned over £100m in his career and he doesn’t even have an agent, he was happy to negotiate his contracts in person with the club.

I can’t see him uprooting his family. TBH I think he’ll retire at City at the end of 25/26.

Leaving aside the fact that he’s got more assists than anyone in Europe since coming back, or the fact he’s still the first name on the team sheet for arguably the best team in the world…

KDB doesn’t strike me as particularly motivated by money. He turned down PSG (and presumably a lot of money) to join City, he’s already earned over £100m in his career and he doesn’t even have an agent, he was happy to negotiate his contracts in person with the club.

I can’t see him uprooting his family. TBH I think he’ll retire at City at the end of 25/26.
Fingers crossed.

I would agree but for the fact the Saudis' are still sniffing.

Same answer as me and a player who plays far better when KDB is NOT in the team.

Does he?

Bernardo, like Jack, is a massive disappointment when KDB is not around, neither of them has ever consistently stepped into the role of main creator.

Foden did, Gundo did, Bernardo has just become less and less of an attacking threat the longer he’s been here.

I don’t think it’s even a debate, if made to choose the club would sell Bernardo after <5 mins discussion. The fact he’s desperate to leave isn’t irrelevant either.

Does he?

Bernardo, like Jack, is a massive disappointment when KDB is not around, neither of them has ever consistently stepped into the role of main creator.

Foden did, Gundo did, Bernardo has just become less and less of an attacking threat the longer he’s been here.

I don’t think it’s even a debate, if made to choose the club would sell Bernardo after <5 mins discussion. The fact he’s desperate to leave isn’t irrelevant either.
Century season, in the run in no KDB, Bernardo was magnificent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.