17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2023/24

We cant make him go and i dont think for one moment he would want to go . Too many writing him off again , been the same for years , it is tiresome , he is coming back from five months out ffs
He's 33 and had numerous serious injuries, it's caught up with him, sadly.

We need to be ruthless this summer if we are to remain our position at the very top , the pack have caught up and may well pass us in May

I think there is something in it, the Saudis must have sounded out all parties, the same applies with Salah.

This summer will be the end of KDB's international career and personally despite been a ginger the thought of pulling in a million a week for a couple of years must be tempting.

I honestly can't imagine why any multi millionaire footballer with a young family would choose to go to Saudi unless they were from a strict Muslim background.

Lessons should have been learned from Jordan Henderson's much publicised experience there.

Two years is a long time for a young family in that environment.

Can't remember Pep benching Bernie in a big game after his 1st season, unless he was tired or not fully fit.

We won 98 pts when KDB missed half of the 18/19 season. The reason was that Bernie replaced him without problems. I don't know, but I think Pep sees them both as equal in importance to the team, in contrast to media who favour KDB a lot more.
I’m pretty certain when both have been fully fit he’s spent a lot more time on the than KDB. Bernie gets moved into a lot of different positions. Yes that is down to his versatility but Pep will shift plenty of players to get Kev into what he thinks is his best position. I’m not slagging Bernie here as he’s superb and yes we’ve done very well without KDB. Bernie and Gundo playing as 8’s was a great partnership.

Suppose you could say it was like when we had KDB and David. KDB but get most of the praise but many blues would pick David as our best player.

I honestly can't imagine why any multi millionaire footballer with a young family would choose to go to Saudi unless they were from a strict Muslim background.

Lessons should have been learned from Jordan Henderson's much publicised experience there.

I would 100% agree but if he had dismissed the move I would think the Saudi's would have ended all speculation, yet that speculation continues.

Here is one for you, you can keep only one of KDB or Bernardo, who would you keep?

Yeah but they're not exactly living in Saudi villages with archaic laws

They're living there in extreme luxury. They've essentially built communities and complexes there only for multi millionaires so they never really need to go elsewhere.

That's why all these players go, yes it's for money, but because they're living in real comfort when they get there with no need to integrate into a lifestyle that non Muslims would struggle with. These players wouldn't go there if it wasn't like that.

There’s not enough factor 50 in existence for him to go to Saudi without burning to a frizzle.

I don't think KDB should be sold, but Foden needs to play his best position, cause he is our future and talisman.

RW - he can play, but playing him LW was a mistake, he is the player who can make the difference and against Arsenal his position was too limited to make that happen..

-------Rodri----Bernie/Kova-----
Foden--------------------Grealish
--------KDB----Haaland-----------

this can work, but the best position for Phil is this:

---------John------Rodri-----------
Bernie--------------------Grealish
--------KDB-----------Foden-------
-------------Haaland----------------

This is "Gundo" position. Here he can make impact, I think he has good connection with Grealish on the pitch and it will be beneficial for us. He can play and played KDB position well, but if KDB plays, then play him here and use his best skills...

When we had Cancelo, Cancelo was like LW and Foden was playing centrally

----Walker---John----Ruben------------
---------------Rodri-----------------------
-------Bernie--------Gundo-------------
------------------------Foden-------------
Mahrez------KDB/GJ----------Cancelo

For me it was something like this, but with Guardiol it isn't same and that's why he couldn't make any difference there..

Right now and this season's statistics also speak itself, Foden is our best-form attacker. So if we want results, we should utilise him and play where he is most productive.

And for the next seasons, if KDB stays and hopefully he does, Foden should play LCM AKA Gundo position..
---------John------Rodri-----------
Bernie--------------------Grealish
--------KDB-----------Foden-------
-------------Haaland----------------

This is our best attack..

It does seem that his first few games back were somewhat of a false dawn as he has quickly returned to his pre-injury form.

I think we need to treat him the same as we did David Silva and limit him to 1/2 games a week max so we can actually get the most out of his ability and fitness.

With the form Foden has shown in the middle it makes even less sense to be playing a half-fit, out of form KDB ahead of him. I can only hope it's due to the lack of options we have had out wide that Phil has had to plug the gaps for the last few weeks/months.

Now Grealish is back fit, Foden should be playing number 10 where he has shone this season.

Kev not fully fit sadly.

Problem is Kev can pull out the magic at any point but I’m not sure it’s as frequent right now.

I would happily put him on bench and allow foden to do his job v villa.

Kev come on at 75 mins if needed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.