17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2023/24

If you’re watching him and still think he’s the same player he was a year or 2 then fair play! He’s clearly not he’s lost a yard or 2 of pace and that leads to any player losing the ball more when dribbling or running with it. Even happened to Messi.On the other hand i’m not questioning his position in the team at the moment.
4 goals and 10 assists in the equivalent of 12 league games, atrocious. I can’t prove whether he is slower than he used to be but to my eye he doesn’t look it. Yes he mishits passes but he always did, that’s inevitable when you try and make passes that lead to goals rather than safe passes - the latter has never been him

If you’re watching him and still think he’s the same player he was a year or 2 then fair play! He’s clearly not he’s lost a yard or 2 of pace and that leads to any player losing the ball more when dribbling or running with it. Even happened to Messi.On the other hand i’m not questioning his position in the team at the moment.
Even if he had only one leg, he'd be in my team!

Yeah, i remember the Brentford away game where he had a very good game but at one point he was trying to get away from a pretty average paced player who got back at him. I thought then have injuries and age taken away that burst? Was hoping he was still not fully match sharp after his injury but months on it’s clearly not coming back.

Interesting thing with KDB though if he wants to stay playing at this level for a good while yet he’s got so much talent he could easily adapt his game on the future.
I agree. He could drop slightly deeper spraying passes and pulling the strings more. He will adapt his game I believe because he is an intelligent footballer. Pep is probably thought about Kev's future role already.

4 goals and 10 assists in the equivalent of 12 league games, atrocious. I can’t prove whether he is slower than he used to be but to my eye he doesn’t look it. Yes he mishits passes but he always did, that’s inevitable when you try and make passes that lead to goals rather than safe passes - the latter has never been him
Nobody questioned him or his ability to assist at a ridiculous rate. Wasn’t talking about him giving the ball away either as he’s always done that as you say because he’s a risk taker with his passing . That’s why him and Silva were the perfect mix when playing as 8’s with Dinho behind them.

Any word on if he's going to be available on sunday? I haven't heard or seen anything official from the club.
Pep was asked that in the press conference and replied with a non answer, along the lines of “I haven’t seen them. We will see in the training session later today”.

KDB was in the training pics today fwiw.

I thought he was absolutely superb in the second half today. Very instrumental in making it a very calm and untroubled half of football. What a player he has been and given he only played 1/3 of the season, what a magnificent effort to win the league this season without him for much of it. Not for the first time either. This team is just incredible and he has been a magnificent player for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.