17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2023/24

He brought magic back to the side at a key moment and launched our Title charge but his slow post injury decline from his greatness soon became evident after a few games .imo Pep played him far too much and too far forward . This reflected the lack of depth in the squad.

Luka Modrić was the same age as KDB now when he led Croatia to third place at the world cup and won the golden ball for himself. Since then, he has certainly played 3 more high-quality seasons. I think the Belgian magician can do the same, although even though they are midfielders, their game is not so similar, Modrić does not have the physicality of KDB and he does not use them as much, and this was the strongest weapon. I think we need to use him smarter and dose his minutes and we can enjoy his games for at least two years.

Given the injury hit season he's had, he is owed some time before we start claiming his legs are going. Maybe they are, i can see the indications that they may be, but lets just hold off calling that and give him an actual chance to fully recuperate from a major injury that hes not been used to.

Even if they are going, it's not the end. There's a reason why he's the greatest midfielder in premier league history, he will adapt and learn not to rely on his running as much. His intelligence above anything is what sets him apart, he'll use that intelligence to alter his game and still be effective.

he's got plenty left to give yet, let's give him some time before we're writing off one of if not the best player we've ever had.
Shame from a City perspective he will be going to the Euros. I just hope he doesn't pick up any injuries in the tournament and he comes back to pre-season as refreshed as possible.

Top post!

Really sums up the current situation with KDB.

I'm already concerned about the start of the season though.

If Belgium do their usual and over-use him, he'll struggle.
Really needs to retire from international football if he wants to get more than one more season with us. Either way it's 30 game seasons from here on but hopefully he can still be the difference at the crucial moments.

One injury prone season and folk want rid.We have had the best out of him
John Stones another.
Jack another.
Christ knows how some will deal with Doku next season
They were wanting rid after a few weeks.
Hope Haaland starts well next season because if not he will be next on the list of we have had the best out of him.

Really needs to retire from international football if he wants to get more than one more season with us. Either way it's 30 game seasons from here on but hopefully he can still be the difference at the crucial moments.
You really have to wonder if some of our players need to question their priorities. International football may bring prestige but Club football funds their lifestyle. After another long season what our players need is some downtime, not to be playing a load more games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.