17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing with Kev is, he could easily play until he's 36 changing his role slightly and just being a pass and move "play it safe and keep the ball" midfielder. His legs might go slightly, he might lose energy, but he's technically so good he could easily play that. However, it's just not Kev. He wants to make things happen. He wants to drive forwards, destroy teams, carry the ball or play the ridiculous pass. I don't think it's in him to suddenly play a different role and change the way he plays. It's all or nothing with him and I hope he's got a good amount of time left with us, but I'd imagine he's got a couple of seasons left at best realistically. What a fucking player.
That's not Kev, it's like buying a Ferrari and driving the speed limit. Don't see him having the temperament for it and that what makes him the special.

He doesn’t strike me as the kind of guy that would quit a top team just to grab the money, as long as he regains his fitness I think he will see his contract out, but it would be wise for City to do a bit of research for a replacement

He doesn’t strike me as the kind of guy that would quit a top team just to grab the money, as long as he regains his fitness I think he will see his contract out, but it would be wise for City to do a bit of research for a replacement
To be honest, my opinion (but who knows) is that Kev strikes me as the consummate professional footballer, i.e. someone who regards this as a profession for which he must apply himself to the max and do the best job he can. But ultimately that it is a job, not a passion or a hobby and I wonder if he has any particular allegiance to City? I would suspect not, if I was asked yes or no. And I don't think we should think worse of anyone who decides to leave to further their own objectives, PROVIDED they do it with some honesty and integrity. (@JAMES Milner, not like what you did!)

To be honest, my opinion (but who knows) is that Kev strikes me as the consummate professional footballer, i.e. someone who regards this as a profession for which he must apply himself to the max and do the best job he can. But ultimately that it is a job, not a passion or a hobby and I wonder if he has any particular allegiance to City? I would suspect not, if I was asked yes or no. And I don't think we should think worse of anyone who decides to leave to further their own objectives, PROVIDED they do it with some honesty and integrity. (@JAMES Milner, not like what you did!)

I think he loves playing football and I think he may well have a strong allegiance to City but he will have a bigger allegiance to his family and he can secure his kids and probably grandkids futures etc by going to Saudi.

Riyad didn't want to leave City but the money won out in the end.

I think he loves playing football and I think he may well have a strong allegiance to City but he will have a bigger allegiance to his family and he can secure his kids and probably grandkids futures etc by going to Saudi.

Riyad didn't want to leave City but the money won out in the end.
That said, wild horses would not get me to visit Saudi, let alone live there, or even worse, take my family there. No way Jose!

It might have been a bit easier for Riyad. And there does come a point where you have "enough" money and even loads more isn't enough to tempt you. Or so I am told, having never experienced such a luxury myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.