17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting a more positive spin on it, he's still 32 ;-)

And maybe the surgery is a final fix to something that's been bothering him for a long time and having recovered from the surgery, he'll be fit and healthy for another 4 or 5 years?

I don't like to think of a “life after Kev”. When I think of sitting in the South Stand and watching the way he absolutely destroyed those pretenders to the throne from north London last spring — that took me back, incidentally, to watching him destroy those other pretenders to the throne from north London in December 2017 — I don't like to think that the time will come when we no longer see such masterclasses.
32? Nothing. I am more than twice his age, and I tootle around town on my bike all the time.

I don't like to think of a “life after Kev”. When I think of sitting in the South Stand and watching the way he absolutely destroyed those pretenders to the throne from north London last spring — that took me back, incidentally, to watching him destroy those other pretenders to the throne from north London in December 2017 — I don't like to think that the time will come when we no longer see such masterclasses.
32? Nothing. I am more than twice his age, and I tootle around town on my bike all the time.
I'm with you mate. I hope he plays until he's 40!

Its fair to say that the football World is a sadder place without the mercurial KDB strutting his stuff on the pitch. I can't recall missing a player so much as I do Kev. The results can still be positive, but there is a definite lack of joy and excitement to our play without Kev . Hurry back soon Kev.

I had the pleasure in my 30's of playing against Colin in a game organised by Frank Carrodus. Even on one leg he was amazing. Colin and Tommy Booth still had so much composure and seemed much taller than I expected.
Pro footballers are so many levels above us mere mortals , until you actually play along side them its difficult to comprehend.

I was lucky to play at a very good amateur level, but if we ever had an ex semi pro play with us it was like playing with zico.

I played for a team in my late 30s that were a decent saturday afternoon team. We used to have gareth whalley (ex crewe, played for bradford city in the prem) play for us when he was about 38. It was honestly like playing with zidane.
The increase in talent at each level is mind blowing

Pro footballers are so many levels above us mere mortals , until you actually play along side them its difficult to comprehend.

I was lucky to play at a very good amateur level, but if we ever had an ex semi pro play with us it was like playing with zico.

I played for a team in my late 30s that were a decent saturday afternoon team. We used to have gareth whalley (ex crewe, played for bradford city in the prem) play for us when he was about 38. It was honestly like playing with zidane.
Absolutely . I played for a Sunday pub team where Jimmy Rimmer frequented . He played at centre half with us once and got bollocked by the ref . Dave Connor as well trained with us - couldn’t get the ball off him.

Absolutely . I played for a Sunday pub team where Jimmy Rimmer frequented . He played at centre half with us once and got bollocked by the ref . Dave Connor as well trained with us - couldn’t get the ball off him.
The team i played for where gaz whalley played for us had a lad that played 1 league cup game for county when he was 19 , he was mid 30s and was awesome and another who was a crewe reserve in his early 20s , was 45 when he played with us , centre half, couldnt run, turned like the QE2, but was amazing

I cannot echo that personally but perhaps 20 years ago, my mate used to play in a Sunday league. He was pretty handy, having a trials for the likes of Bristol City in the past but never quite made it. Anyway I asked him how he had got on at the weekend and he we lost 10-1. He went on to say however that it was not a terrible result because the team he was playing against had a load of ex-pros in it and they had been destroying everyone in the league... and my mate had been left to mark Ian Rush. He was in his 40's at the time but apparently still utterly ridiculously good and scored 5 or 6 that day (can't remember exactly how many, it was a long time ago).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.