17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pro footballers are so many levels above us mere mortals , until you actually play along side them its difficult to comprehend.

I was lucky to play at a very good amateur level, but if we ever had an ex semi pro play with us it was like playing with zico.

I played for a team in my late 30s that were a decent saturday afternoon team. We used to have gareth whalley (ex crewe, played for bradford city in the prem) play for us when he was about 38. It was honestly like playing with zidane.
The increase in talent at each level is mind blowing
I got dropped from my school team once, for Malcolm Allisons lad. It was a request from his dad, that he plays at least one game, in return for donating a new 1st team kit.

He was wank and only ever played the once, but I learned from an early age that meritocracy is bullshit, its all about the dosh.

I got dropped from my school team once, for Malcolm Allisons lad. It was a request from his dad, that he plays at least one game, in return for donating a new 1st team kit.

He was wank and only ever played the once, but I learned from an early age that meritocracy is bullshit, its all about the dosh.
Not sure how thats connected :))

IMG_2448.jpeg
Imagine these two playing together in their prime?

For those unaware, that is the real Ronaldo.

Pro footballers are so many levels above us mere mortals , until you actually play along side them its difficult to comprehend.

I was lucky to play at a very good amateur level, but if we ever had an ex semi pro play with us it was like playing with zico.

I played for a team in my late 30s that were a decent saturday afternoon team. We used to have gareth whalley (ex crewe, played for bradford city in the prem) play for us when he was about 38. It was honestly like playing with zidane.
The increase in talent at each level is mind blowing
Indeed it is! My game was badminton and in secondary school I thought I was pretty good. Went to college, got in the college team and we played another college team which contained a county player. I ended the night knowing I was just fuckin' ordinary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.