17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best Premier league player ever now surely? He’s the best of a team full of superstars

I think the only sensible debate is probably Kev vs Henry.

I know there's been other exceptional talents like Bergkamp who was great on the eye as a player, Yaya etc etc but in terms of elite level players, I think Henry and KDB is the only debate I'd entertain regarding who is best to play in the league. Ronaldo obviously had his best years elsewhere, so only had a couple of good years in England.

I won't go down the route of saying "Kev won more" - because that's what rags do when bringing up people like Scholes, who in reality couldn't lace KDB's boots.

Obviously I'll side with Kev, and he's a very different player to Henry but that guy was a monster at Arsenal too. It would be disrespectful to either to say they're not in the same conversation.

I have been watching, listening, and reading about KDB for almost a decade at City and probably a few years before that and have grown in my belief that he is a world class player.

As a City fan who has seen every minute of every game since forever, he has become the star of the team, and it’s telling that he is about the only player that Pep didn’t buy (although it’s been said he approved the purchase before he arrived, which I wouldn’t doubt) and has become almost the elder statesman of the club.

Sadly for City, and all real football fans, we were starved of KDB in the CL Final, the CWC, and the first half of the PL season, but now he has returned. Firstly, in a 30 minute cameo against lower league opposition with the game won and secondly in the last 20 minutes of a top of the table clash away from home with City losing 2-1.

City fans were all glad to see Pep giving KDB a chance to help claw back a draw and maybe get some more match fitness, and it certainly gave the team a filip.

Indeed, he came on, made a few passes and looked very positive for a couple of minutes, then he strode forward before passing the ball through the legs of the defender and into the very bottom corner of the goal, without ever looking like he was shooting or ever breaking stride. It was a goal from almost nothing and surprised everyone, especially Dubravka in the NUFC goal.

Not satisfied with that, in the 92nd minute, he hit a curling pass over the defence to an onrushing attacker to control and pass the ball into the goal. Now, Bobb’s control and footwork are good enough for a post of their own, but this is about KDB!

The pass was outrageous. 40 yards. On a sixpence. Any longer, it’s out of play. Any harder, Bobb doesn’t get there. Any shorter or softer, and it’s intercepted by Trippier. No, it’s in the ONLY place it can be for Bobb to reach it in stride with a chance to score…which he does with such aplomb as to be almost as ridiculous as the pass.

However, as mind blowing as all of that is, it is almost comical to see the whole world suddenly waking up to who KDB has been for YEARS at Manchester City!!!

It appears “Absence makes the heart grow fonder” is a real thing, even for footballers from teams one professes not to like!

All and sundry are now coming to the “KDB is the best player the Premier League has ever seen!” party.

And to think, all it took was taking 5 months off, growing your hair out, and coming back for a 20 minute cameo where you turn one of the best PL games in ages on its head!!

It’s good to hear the talking heads FINALLY giving him his due, but one has to wonder…”Where the hell have you been for the last 9 years?!”

Simon Mullock reporting that we're going to offer KDB a contract extension until 2026.

That would mean he'll have this season plus two more (at least) to cement his legacy as our greatest ever player and the best player in Premier League history which many would argue he already is.

Feels really mean that we got a little teaser of his return and the had to wait 2 agonisingly long weeks, and then it's fucking Spurs of all teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.