17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way he just engineers his own space is so talented, seems to find himself with half a football pitch and 2-3 defenders to run at.

The weight of the pass from the free-kick for our 2nd last night was simply sensational ….. I can’t think of any other player in the world who could’ve timed that to perfection like Kev.

Kev was class but the concern for me is he has a free role that leaves gaps & against better teams it will be an issue.

Rodri was left alone a few times v Burnley as both Kev & Nunes were flying forward.

I would rather Kova alongside Rodri in big games to cover kevs freedom

Kev was class but the concern for me is he has a free role that leaves gaps & against better teams it will be an issue.

Rodri was left alone a few times v Burnley as both Kev & Nunes were flying forward.

I would rather Kova alongside Rodri in big games to cover kevs freedom
Phil was a little isolated at times too. I would like to see them try Phil and Kev as AM's with Rodri behind supported by John stepping out of defence. Bernie and Jack wide and Erling in the middle. That might be a team that handles the bigger games.

Phil was a little isolated at times too. I would like to see them try Phil and Kev as AM's with Rodri behind supported by John stepping out of defence. Bernie and Jack wide and Erling in the middle. That might be a team that handles the bigger games.
We might see that against teams that park the bus especially when we're at home but against the better teams I think we're more likely to see a midfield of Rodri, Bernardo and KDB.

Not as involved obviously but I thought he was solid and played a crucial part in the opening goal.
Yes. I have this dream of he and Kevin in combination being almost unplayable. In some ways I would almost like to see Kev wider than Phil, particularly now Haaland is back. We are blessed though with so many wonderful players that are pretty much interchangeable. For me though, Phil is more effective in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.