17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2024/25

He was pissed off the entire match. The only Belgian player actually running and trying. Belgium NT culture is one of entitlement and laziness. And Doku is a major part of it.
Seen it a few times with Doku’s attempts at getting back to defend at City. He can look electric with the ball at his feet but I’d guess that each player doesn’t have the ball at his feet for about 97% of a football match and the 97% is still part of the game and if you need to contribute within that 97% you should do so with the same intensity as you do with the ball at your feet.

I loved the hustle and the hunger he was showing all game! It sets the pace for everyone else on the pitch to go and do that bit more!

Moment in the second half when the ball bounced around their box and a clutch of players stood and waited, not him. He went full throttle and won it, just like he did for Gundogan’s winner against Villa.
I thought exactly the same at that point. He might not have quite the same acceleration but he certainly plays with the same intensity.

Hope we get the opportunity to rest him sometimes

One of his best attributes is he leaves it all on the pitch, but obviously that's not always great in the long run. I'm sure they'll manage him right.

I'd like to see him out wide with Grealish more central sometimes. I think his crossing would be insanely good and Grealish would benefit imo from being in the thick of it.

However we would forgo KDBs through balls.

Hope we get the opportunity to rest him sometimes

One of his best attributes is he leaves it all on the pitch, but obviously that's not always great in the long run. I'm sure they'll manage him right.
The one good thing about his operation and long lay off is that he’s been well rested in the last year with the 5 months he had off.

The Euros and short pre-season came at a good time for him really as he needed game time to keep the momentum going after coming back from those 5 months off.

He looks a lot sharper and fitter at the moment so a good couple more games against Inter and Arsenal and he can have the midweek off against Watford and be ready and fresh for Newcastle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.