17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2024/25

Any word on him?

That was about as bad as I've ever seen him play, although his third game in just over a week seemed like a lot to begin with. He still created some good chances and had a chance to score himself in his defence.

Kevin hasn't dominated a big game since 22/23, Arsenal at home. Last season, he was poor vs Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Real, United (FA Cup final). The trend continued with Inter.

Hope he gets back to his best days. He still can boss weaker teams, e.g. Palace away, which can help us win the league again. But something essential is missing in the big games. Foden should start ahead of him. And also Bernie, whose bottom level is much better than Kevin's.

Well I hope those 2 games in the conference league for belgium (where he moaned and said he wants to quit) were worth it. He went away on top of his game, rolling back the years and looking close to his best, and last night he look tired, frail and old. And now he's injured. Farcical

Once again, he’s getting flogged to death as the second striker (#10 role) on the high press, which means he has almost zero recovery pace and the opposition midfield has the freedom of the park!

It’s all well and good playing 3-3-4, but when one of your best players is gassed by 60 mins (sometimes earlier), in the season after his recovery from serious hamstring surgery, and you still drive him on into the latter stages of every game, you’re simply asking for trouble…and we seem to get it.

Looked like an awkward landing, like a jolt to the ankle, which he clearly felt he either couldn’t run off or couldn’t risk for Sunday.

Either way, he has to be managed, which doesn’t mean flogging him senseless every 3 days!

Well I hope those 2 games in the conference league for belgium (where he moaned and said he wants to quit) were worth it. He went away on top of his game, rolling back the years and looking close to his best, and last night he look tired, frail and old. And now he's injured. Farcical
Quite evident his game time needs to be managed and last night it showed. He needs to follow Gundo's lead and retire from international football, unfortunately that doesn't look likely in the near future.

Needs to think about knockin international footy on the head. Them 2 pointless games he played 90 mins caught up with him quickly. Once his game time is managed i reckon we will see him back to his best. Ohhhhh kevin de bruyne!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.