17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2024/25

good first 3 games with many highlights & some mistake here & there...kinda strange he still wants to play games in the UEFA Nations League...i would understand it for world cup qualifier but not fot this useless trophy which Belgium won`t win
Many people take great pride in representing their country, no matter at what level.

I know I would, were I given the opportunity.

I was hoping he might retire from international football tbh. Their 'golden generation' is over and he's made a few comments on international duty in the past that almost made him seem a bit disillusioned with it, plus he has a very delicate and now ageing body that needs to be taken care of. He'll be 35 by the time the world cup comes around...

First 45mimutes the best he has looked for a couple of seasons.

Fit, lean and hungry and on fire with his ability.

Faded second half and that is going to be the only issue, age will catch up with him and he has to be used wisely to maintain that hunger.

Think he’s been looking at his very best for about an hour then fades. Maybe pre season, maybe age or anything really. But an hour of red hot Kev is all we really need.

Just watched the KDB interview on the lads City +
Really good watch.
Loves it at City and is grateful for everything the club has done for him and his family.
The five months out injured last year was probably a blessing in disguise and has got that fire really burning in his belly.
Was really touched by the response in his comeback game when he started warming up, clearly something he will always remember.
Says David is best player in City history but mentions Colin the King too.
Only downside was his favourite player as a kid growing up, but we’ll forgive him that. (Michael Owen)
Also explains about just how injured he was in the treble season as well as losing grandparents and flying back to Belgium in between Bayern and Madrid games.
What a player, what a man.

First 45mimutes the best he has looked for a couple of seasons.

Fit, lean and hungry and on fire with his ability.

Faded second half and that is going to be the only issue, age will catch up with him and he has to be used wisely to maintain that hunger.

It's always going to be the issue with Kev. Unlike others who have played well into their 30s he is at his best when he is on the limit. Fortunately he has that initial burst of pace back, which wasn't there for us last season post injury. But unless he decides he wants to prolong playing by being a more disciplined and calm pass and move player then there will be a shorter span on his career. With his talent he could very easily play a Kroos style role from deep. But I'm not sure I would want to see him do anything other than play the way he does now, even if it's only for 30 minutes in a year or so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.