18 | Stefan Ortega - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is a dumpster fire. C'mon guys, you can make a point without hyperbole.

I have been concerned about Ederson as a keeper for some time, his judgment sometimes when coming off the line is not good, and he always seems to go to ground too quickly rather than stay big and have the striker make a decision, Is Ortega better, who knows too soon to tell.

Eddie is a better sweeper so most of last nights chances would not have happened , you dont seem to understand him at all

And you seem to be missing my point.

Of course the game would have run a completely different course if Ederson had played instead of Ortega.

What I'm saying is, hypothetically, if Ederson had faced the shots Ortega had he would have (in my opinion) conceded two or three of them.

Not really controversial but imo not entirely accurate either. For example:
"when Pep goes and we change the way we play, I think he will have to go too", We don't know when or if Pep goes and why do you assume when he goes we change our system, when it is a model system for all our teams from kids upwards and is being copied by more and more clubs and national teams.
"How many of those saves Ortega made last night would Ederson have conceded? We'd have drawn, or even lost, that game." Wrong answer, it is speculative, no mortal being can foresee what would have happened just to try to validate their own opiniona. It is human nature to be be aware of competitors for their place no big deal if commentators to make a comment like that when a second choice player plays so well.

You're overthinking what I said.

Of course it is speculative - I'm not suggesting I'm anything more than a mere mortal being. However, in my opinion, if he had faced the same shots Ortega did, he would have conceded two or three.

Every backup goalkeeper is just us slowly realising he’s not as good as we thought he’d be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.