18 | Stefan Ortega - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
What rubbish, none of the chances came from Ortega not sweeping or retaining possession. I knew there was a reason I’d had you on mute for a year. Do you honestly believe the guff you posted there. Do you honestly believe that “most of the chances came from [Ortega not sweeping as well as Ederson]? Which ones? Point them out.
Are you ok sam ? You are very aggressive with me ,it used to be fun but now you are just angry

Or, Ederson plays and we conceded far fewer chances as we’re a much better defensive unit when he’s involved.

Has Ederson ever faced that many shots in a game for us? If the answer is no, ask yourself why.

He was as integral as anyone in the tough game at Leicester the other week.

Ortega had a great game though.
S-t-r-e-t-c-h...

Are you ok sam ? You are very aggressive with me ,it used to be fun but now you are just angry
I’m absolutely fine Kaz, thank you, but your post was just wrong. I understand your point. I love Ederson. I understand the way we play. I spend my life defending him to my mates who say he’s shite etc etc but that point doesn’t belong in a conversation as to why we shipped chances to Chelsea last night. Ortega didn’t give away possession nor did he fail to sweep.

Eddie is a better sweeper so most of last nights chances would not have happened , you dont seem to understand him at all
None of the saves Ortega made Eddie would have been different through his apparent better 'sweeper' skills. One of Ortaga's saves he collected outside the box and the rest were proper keeper saves
Here is a reminder below

which ones wouldn't have happened if Ederson had played?

Well recognising Ortega’s ability is all well and good and he’s deserving of all the praise he’s receiving but it shouldn’t be at the expense of a keeper who has been integral to our success. If you haven’t read any posts having a few digs at Eddie after last night then you’re not looking hard enough. It’s not treating a player like he’s one of my kids it’s just not being disrespectful to someone who’s an important player for us.
Having a keeper come in and perform well can only be good for the team and if he gets the number one shirt it’s because he deserves it and again, that can only be a positive for us.
The important factor in all of this is I’ve not seen a sustained drop in form from Eddie. He’s been accused of being a crap shot stopper from some for a while so it’s nothing new. Every club should have a second choice keeper good enough to step in and push the number one. We seem to have finally got lucky on that score and I’m made up about it.
Just like on any topic discussed on BMF there are those that get carried away and are way over the top. But there are also those that are averse to change in any way, shape or form due to their personal loyalties to specific players. Thus my reference to parents and their children. It was meant as a general statement not aimed at you or anyone specifically and not solely related to Eddie and/or Ortega.

Just like on any topic discussed on BMF there are those that get carried away and are way over the top. But there are also those that are averse to change in any way, shape or form due to their personal loyalties to specific players. Thus my reference to parents and their children. It was meant as a general statement not aimed at you or anyone specifically and not solely related to Eddie and/or Ortega.
As a general rule I’m of the opinion that if a player is picked in the starting 11 it’s because they deserve it. The keeper situation is no different and as much as a fan as I am of Eddie if we are lucky enough to have somebody who is as good or better then I’m all for it.

I think that says more about our defence
Rodri and Gundo, in a rare occurrence, had no legs, zero, and Rico, love the kid, and Gomez were defending like high schoolers. Ortega bailed us out, plain and simple.

Yet costs them points with his lack of overall goalkeeping ability. Most reds have wanted him gone for 2 years.
DeGea can't play with his feet. Ortega can. Totally different kettle of fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.