18 | Stefan Ortega - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played well. Don't think the two saves first half were particularly difficult in all honesty but he made them when called upon. More impressive was his alertness second half, came and smothered the cute balls inside a few times, very good anticipation.

Calm on the ball, kicking isn't close to Edersons but nobody is, its unfair to compare, was made harder for him by the fact they went man for man leaving nobody open so he had to play it into space more often than not. That was good enough and he didn't shit the bed under pressure which is the key. He can be very pleased with that.

Don't think he will be with us long term, he's genuinely too good for backup can feel safe with him in net whilst he is with us though.

Played well. Don't think the two saves first half were particularly difficult in all honesty but he made them when called upon. More impressive was his alertness second half, came and smothered the cute balls inside a few times, very good anticipation.

Calm on the ball, kicking isn't close to Edersons but nobody is, its unfair to compare, was made harder for him by the fact they went man for man leaving nobody open so he had to play it into space more often than not. That was good enough and he didn't shit the bed under pressure which is the key. He can be very pleased with that.

Don't think he will be with us long term, he's genuinely too good for backup can feel safe with him in net whilst he is with us though.
Pretty much spot on.

He is the best backup keeper in the league and better than half the starting keepers.

Great save from Trossard in the first half, a save i don’t think eddie makes
Why not?

6A31D1BC-B25B-4C5F-AA34-ED62B27432E3.gif

ScholarlyBlondHorseshoebat-size_restricted.gif

Is there a case for him to be our number one? I mean honestly, he impresses me every time he plays. Maybe doesn'r have the absolute coolness and passing ability of Ederson (who does) but he must be 90% as good in that department and IMO he's WAY better at actually keeping the ball out of our net.

I think it's worth considering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.