18 | Stefan Ortega - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent shot stopper but every long kick out was to arses player , just needs to get better at that if we are not going to give up possession , i like him a lot
He did make some decent passes through their offensive line when he kept it low. I thought some of his kicking was quite good but we are like watching 11 tortoises at times and just not quick enough to exploit this. He did do some poor ones too though.

He did make some decent passes through their offensive line when he kept it low. I thought some of his kicking was quite good but we are like watching 11 tortoises at times and just not quick enough to exploit this. He did do some poor ones too though.
Started finding walker up by the halfway a lot too in the last 10. Took a lot of pressure off.

thought he was excellent in every facet of his game last night.

Utterly untrue that his long balls were all aimless or straight to Arse players. Stats show he succeeded in over half of his attempts and we were obviously trying a different tactic last night that the team wouldn't have been used to, so it's perfectly normal that he wouldn't hit the target with every pass.

For the sake of comparison, Eddie has a 52% success rate in long balls this season. There isn't a keeper in the world who succeeds with every long ball or even every 3 in 4. Anything over 50% is decent, frankly. (De Gea is around 35% lol).

For a backup keeper to come in against England's most in-form team and succeed with a decent amount of long balls, while also making a couple of solid stops and looking pretty cool under pressure, is impressive.

Southampton was a blip. He's the best backup we've had in quite a while. Not saying he should become first choice but, for me, his shot stopping is solid, his passing range is definitely there and can be improved, and I feel comfortable watching the team with him in net.

That's not an attack on Ederson, I love the guy and feel fine with him in goal too, just happy to have two great keepers for a change.

Utterly untrue that his long balls were all aimless or straight to Arse players. Stats show he succeeded in over half of his attempts and we were obviously trying a different tactic last night that the team wouldn't have been used to, so it's perfectly normal that he wouldn't hit the target with every pass.

For the sake of comparison, Eddie has a 52% success rate in long balls this season. There isn't a keeper in the world who succeeds with every long ball or even every 3 in 4. Anything over 50% is decent, frankly. (De Gea is around 35% lol).

For a backup keeper to come in against England's most in-form team and succeed with a decent amount of long balls, while also making a couple of solid stops and looking pretty cool under pressure, is impressive.

Southampton was a blip. He's the best backup we've had in quite a while. Not saying he should become first choice but, for me, his shot stopping is solid, his passing range is definitely there and can be improved, and I feel comfortable watching the team with him in net.

That's not an attack on Ederson, I love the guy and feel fine with him in goal too, just happy to have two great keepers for a change.
Other than the Southampton game, there has been nothing between them really. I don’t think there is a perfect keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.