18 | Stefan Ortega - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a case for him to be our number one? I mean honestly, he impresses me every time he plays. Maybe doesn'r have the absolute coolness and passing ability of Ederson (who does) but he must be 90% as good in that department and IMO he's WAY better at actually keeping the ball out of our net.

I think it's worth considering.
He wasn’t great at Southampton

Is there a case for him to be our number one? I mean honestly, he impresses me every time he plays. Maybe doesn'r have the absolute coolness and passing ability of Ederson (who does) but he must be 90% as good in that department and IMO he's WAY better at actually keeping the ball out of our net.

I'm a big ederson fan and I don't think your post will be met with warm murmurings, but I absolutely think it should be a conversation.

Shot stopping he's making a case.

Great save from Trossard in the first half, a save i don’t think eddie makes
Give over. If ederson can't and doesn't make those saves he's not playing for us.

No not even worth a seconds thought. Its very clear who's number 1 and who is number 2, and I really like Ortega.

Arteta went man to man on us tonight because he knew ortega would be playing, he doesn't get to do that if ederson plays because he knows ederson can just ping it accurately into a space purposely vacated for somebody else to move into on the receive and bypass half their side instantly.

Ederson completely changes how teams approach us, we just don't see the benefits of it because teams learned very quickly that they cannot do certain things against us when ederson is on the pitch and don't even try.

His decision making was on point, collecting the ball on corners, diving and taking the ball clean at the feet of onrushing forwards (one that he was second favourite for) calm in possession.

At our best it’s Ederson all day, every day. He would be facing very few shots and his play with the ball at his feet is crucial to our build up.

This current City, giving up chances left, right and centre probably does require a keeper that is more reliable in the traditional sense. I think Ortega is a better shot-stopper and until we sort out our defence, I can see why some would prefer to have him in the side.

I’m Team Eddie. You fix the root cause and that means sorting out the defence. Get Dias and Laporte back in every week and Eddie will shine once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.