18 | Stefan Ortega - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great keeper and comfortable with the ball at his feet.

Saturday he was calm, people around me getting frustrated he didn't pass it sooner, but what's the point only to lose the ball? There was a lack of movement/players being marked for the first 30 mins or so. I think Vinny had obviously briefed their lads on how the ball comes out from the back.

Worked for a bit, after the goal went in it eased off.

i don't think stephan could be blamed for his slowish distribution , i just think it was the way burnley basically went man for man all over the pitch , id rather he kept it until a man became free,or at least had enough space, stephan is a very good replacement for edi until pep sees fit to swap keepers and makes stephan no1, not sure what edi has done wrong to warrant that change ,but i'm sure our resident goalkeeping experts will be along shortly to tell me what their trained eyes see that our professional coaching staff can :)

edersons performances have not warranted this constant call for him to be dropped , except the ridiculous "oNe sHoT oNE gOal" that seems to pop up if we manage to perform below our standards, which usually means edi is left exposed and concedes , the same goalkeeping experts that are bigging up stephans performance v burnley when really he didn't have a lot to do and his distribution was a little shaky at the start of the match.

city's goalkeeping has always been of great interest to me, i was a goalkeeper for many years , not at a high level :) ,sat and sun leagues and chosen for south stockport for a few seasons , this doesn't mean i claim to be an expert , but i like to think i know a good keeper when i see one , and edi and stephan are both very good keepers , i would be happy to have either start , however i think edi is the better keeper.

all imo of course

i don't think stephan could be blamed for his slowish distribution , i just think it was the way burnley basically went man for man all over the pitch , id rather he kept it until a man became free,or at least had enough space, stephan is a very good replacement for edi until pep sees fit to swap keepers and makes stephan no1, not sure what edi has done wrong to warrant that change ,but i'm sure our resident goalkeeping experts will be along shortly to tell me what their trained eyes see that our professional coaching staff can :)

edersons performances have not warranted this constant call for him to be dropped , except the ridiculous "oNe sHoT oNE gOal" that seems to pop up if we manage to perform below our standards, which usually means edi is left exposed and concedes , the same goalkeeping experts that are bigging up stephans performance v burnley when really he didn't have a lot to do and his distribution was a little shaky at the start of the match.

city's goalkeeping has always been of great interest to me, i was a goalkeeper for many years , not at a high level :) ,sat and sun leagues and chosen for south stockport for a few seasons , this doesn't mean i claim to be an expert , but i like to think i know a good keeper when i see one , and edi and stephan are both very good keepers , i would be happy to have either start , however i think edi is the better keeper.

all imo of course

I was always think our constant possession makes our keeper not ready enough when the ball is lost and suddenly our team is being attacked by opposition. It's very hard to be in focus with very few real challenges for our keeper besides being a passing option because how good we are as team to retain possesion majority of time.

The whole point of distributing the ball the way we play is to disrupt the opponents - so often you don't want your free man (in this case, the goalie) to pass until they are being pressed, because it's the pressing that creates space elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.