18 | Stefan Ortega - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of times he was left out of position and a better team might have tried from distance. But they didn't, so whatever.

Also there were a few times where he seemed to wait a little too long on the ball, but you can also argue there was no movement from anyone. Plus the final long ball to the right wing also ended up finding its man pretty much every time.

All in all, your backup keeps a clean sheet, that's all you want. Good job.

I loved that he didn’t panic under pressure. Similar to Ederson….

That’s not easy as a goalkeeper. But he’s obviously got a good talent with his feet

That's the thing though recently Ederson has been panicking under pressure and just constantly lumping it up the pitch or wrongly passing to players with an opposition player basically on top of them.

Rather than do that Ortega was happy to sit on the ball until an option presented itself. People in match thread were berating him for taking too long when they should have been praising his willingness to be on the ball when there was a lack of movement and options for him.

That's the thing though recently Ederson has been panicking under pressure and just constantly lumping it up the pitch or wrongly passing to players with an opposition player basically on top of them.

Rather than do that Ortega was happy to sit on the ball until an option presented itself. People in match thread were berating him for taking too long when they should have been praising his willingness to be on the ball when there was a lack of movement and options for him.
I partially agree with this, but I think he should be slightly more active in planning where the ball is going before it gets to him.

On a few occasions, there were good openings which he didn't spot, and were gone by the time he did.

Overall I've been impressed with him every time he's played, excepting that daft goal at Southampton when everyone was terrible.

Does Ortega deserve a run in the PL? View attachment 67290
Nothing surprising about those stats. One can come to the same conclusion by simply utilizing the eye test. Its basically become a choice between loyalty and a long run of success versus the willingness to explore the possibility of getting better at the position. The idea that there is no one who is a better overall fit for us than Eddy is simply not true or based in fact. Its a romantic notion subscribed to by a segment of supporters who won't consider that there may be better options at this time than Eddy. Ortega may be one. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.