18 | Stefan Ortega - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know why Ederson didn’t play , dropped , rested etc ?
I wondered whether Pep is thinking of playing him in CL against RM? They will cause more goal threat than any other team we have played this season. I would say Ortega is a better shot stopper than Ederson, traditionally Ederson has been the best the best gk with his feet. In the CL semi finals last year, I reckon we would have gone through if Ederson had saved as well as Courtois?

I wondered whether Pep is thinking of playing him in CL against RM? They will cause more goal threat than any other team we have played this season. I would say Ortega is a better shot stopper than Ederson, traditionally Ederson has been the best the best gk with his feet. In the CL semi finals last year, I reckon we would have gone through if Ederson had saved as well as Courtois?
We’d have gone through if Mahrez shot as well as Rodygo

We’d have gone through if Mahrez shot as well as Rodygo
Pep highlighted recently in a press conference, we have scored plenty of goals in our CL eliminations, however we should be keeping more out!
In that game we had 10 shots on target against RM, Mahrez's thunderbolt was the only one that scored. They only had 5 shots on target but scored 3 goals!

Last edited:
That would be a big call - I wonder if it's more to put a rocket up Ederson, while also keeping Ortega sharp. He's good enough to play in the FA Cup final, but there's 6 weeks between the semi and final, so kills two birds with one stone.

As for the shot stopping, Ortega is probably better, but there was quite a long analysis of both players near the start of the season, which suggested that Ederson did just as much to prevent goals as Ortega.

Wed be facing more shots just by not having ederson in net when we've got the ball. What he gives us with his feet is worth 100 shot stopping keepers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.