18 | Stefan Ortega - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not mind for one bit if he starts premier league matches for us more often. I was watching the game and only noticed that Stefan was the GK after a while.

Seems solid, on the ball he’s good. But yesterday we were struggling to break the lines.. Thsts where we miss Ederson.

When we're we struggling to break lines due the keeper?

Dias dallying on the ball?
The entire inverted right side?

7 chances created, 8 shots, 2 on target and hit the post twice the first half. We were breaking their lines just fine, only change second half is the chances went in.

By the way, ortega means this bird:

7-1.jpg

Moreno means "dark hair".

He's very solid, every time he plays.

My only worry with Ortega is that he (and whatever agent/entourage he has) may realise that he's probably too good to be barely making a dozen appearances a year.

I think it could end up being a similar situation to Emi Martinez at Arsenal. Broke into the squad, helped them win an FA Cup, was clearly too good for second choice, and got a move to a club lower down the table. Now, he's a World Cup winner.

But that's the problem when you've got a fantastic No. 1 and an excellent back-up. Unless you want to alternate keepers each week, which would be ridiculous, then one of them is never gonna get the amount of game-time their talent deserves.

I hope he sticks around. Would understand if he didn't, but it's so nice to have such a good reserve keeper, and maybe Pep gave him that game last night as a way of saying "We want you here."

Hope he can help us lift the FA Cup next month, and if he could keep another clean sheet, what a brilliant statement that would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.