18 | Stefan Ortega - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Ortega's great, and played really well, but being absolutely honest it's the least impressed I've been with his passing so far. Quite a few of his drives up to the hallway line or beyond seemed inaccurate.

Brilliant keeper though. Absolutely no qualms playing him if Ederson is unavailable, none at all.

Superb signing but will be amazed if he stays, he is far too good to be a no2.

I am sure he will be getting a lot of offers this summer.

Spurs need a keeper and dare I say the rags , he is far better than the donut thief.

Our scouts quite rightly have been getting a lot of praise for Alvarez and Akanji but I think they deserve just as much praise for Ortega. If you think about it, no.2 goalkeeper for a team that plays out from the back might just be the hardest position to fill. Any keeper with the qualities required are by default good enough to be somebody’s number 1. There aren’t vast swathes of these kind of keepers knocking about. So to identify this guy at Arminia Bielefeld and pick him up on a free, away from the gaze of other clubs that would desperately like a ball-playing keeper… to be our backup!?? Amazing signing really. The only downside is 2 years is the maximum we can expect to keep him. Really hope we can convince him to challenge Ederson for one more year.

Couldnt blame him for wanting to be a number 1 at a top club as he deserves it but the club need to ask at least £30m for him

It'd be very difficult to get anyone who fits as well.

Hopefully he's on such massive wages that he'll stay regardless of who comes in.

I'd love to see him playing more often but without passing off Ederson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.