18 | Stefan Ortega - 2023/24

I agree he’s a great keeper, and could become our number 1, but as we rely so much on Eddie’s distribution with his feet, often with minimal time to do it, will we still continue to do that with Stefan in nets? He’s going to be getting much more game time for the next month or so. So will we adapt to accommodate him, or just continue as usual?
I think Ortega's distribution is as good as any goalie in the PL with the exception of Eddie, so it won't be heart in mouth time whenever he has the ball at his feet, and we won't be playing any high-pressing asthmatics so no need to worry!

Saw a report Ortega will only resign if he gets number one spot. Can’t see it happening unless Eddie was out for long period. He’s the only back up keeper I can remember having no concerns with when he plays. Don’t think he changes our game much

I was going to give it three games, but I will give it two before everyone realizes what a miss Ederson is. That’s not taking anything away from Ortega.

I was going to give it three games, but I will give it two before everyone realizes what a miss Ederson is. That’s not taking anything away from Ortega.
Eddie is brilliant but has been a little ropey this season. Ortega will make me nervous with his feet but that might encourage us to go long to Haaland which will do no harm. Not like we are controlling games in midfield anyway.

He will be missed but at least we have a safe pair of hands to rely on.

Imo I think Ortega is a better goal keeper than Ederson overall, and given a decent run in our team he may prove it? Ederson is probably marginally better with his passing, but I consider Ortega is much better at shot stopping and decision making and is more athletic.

Ederson nearly gave a penalty away in the derby, then in a similar charge brought Liverpool back into the game. I don't see Ortega charging out like that so dangerously?

I really hope we don't sell Ortega because I feel he's a brilliant keeper. He's won motm several times for us in his short number of appearances, I don't recall Ederson ever receiving that award?

Imo I think Ortega is a better goal keeper than Ederson overall, and given a decent run in our team he may prove it? Ederson is probably marginally better with his passing, but I consider Ortega is much better at shot stopping and decision making and is more athletic.

Ederson nearly gave a penalty away in the derby, then in a similar charge brought Liverpool back into the game. I don't see Ortega charging out like that so dangerously?

I really hope we don't sell Ortega because I feel he's a brilliant keeper. He's won motm several times for us in his short number of appearances, I don't recall Ederson ever receiving that award?

They're both great with their feet, but different in what they do. Ederson is better short and long I'd say, but Ortega is better at picking out line breaking passes into the midfield.

Some of the passes he pulled off against Liverpool and in the cup against Luton were superb.

Four weeks probably isn't enough for Ortega to stake his claim, but if it was 2 or 3 months there's a definite chance we wouldn't want him dropped afterwards.

If he's won MOTM more it's more the team aren't playing as well I'd guess. I think his passing is good better than most but a fair bit off Ederson, keeping not much in it. I hope he stays but would be surprised if we managed to keep him, he could be number 1 in a lot of good teams.

Eddie is brilliant but has been a little ropey this season. Ortega will make me nervous with his feet but that might encourage us to go long to Haaland which will do no harm. Not like we are controlling games in midfield anyway.

He will be missed but at least we have a safe pair of hands to rely on.
We would never go long to Haaland as a main tactic it isn't what Pep does, and if we did we'd do it with Ederson because Edersons long passing on the odd occasions we do is excellent. Main reason we don't go long to Haaland is most opposition don't push up.

If he's won MOTM more it's more the team aren't playing as well I'd guess. I think his passing is good better than most but a fair bit off Ederson, keeping not much in it. I hope he stays but would be surprised if we managed to keep him, he could be number 1 in a lot of good teams.
When Ortega plays it's usually with the fringe players who aren't necessarily used to playing together. Ortega has won his motm's for his outstanding overall display, Ortega is an excellent passer very similar to Ederson. There's a much higher chance of a penalty being saved with Ortega than Ederson too! ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.