18 | Stefan Ortega - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great game. Let's see what the people who think Ortega's distribution is awful think. Whether he or Ederson is the starter, I am never concerned.
The other week the flappers were having hissy fits about his distribution because it wasn't quite as good as usual but last night i thought he was excellent when called upon. It's unfair to compare his distribution against the Ederson who's the best in the game who's normally the coolest too. Ortega is a very good back up keeper who is good enough to play as first choice as he's reliable and doesn't make many costly errors.

I don't think we can hold onto him beyond this season. He walks into most teams in the PL/abroad. Phenomenal shot-stopping, really creative passing as well. Sure, he makes occasional errors because everyone does, even Ederson, but overall, he is just top.

Incredible distribution tonight. Think it was about 70 minutes before he gave the ball away. It will be very hard to keep hold of him but if Raya is worth £30 million, Ortega has to be worth touching £50 million, certainly no less than £40m if we are being kind and letting him go "cheaply"

Some might blame him for their second but I'll once again point out the lack of care in some of our passes back to the keeper, another bobbler, they'll always happen if we don't take care with the balls back.

Incredible distribution tonight. Think it was about 70 minutes before he gave the ball away. It will be very hard to keep hold of him but if Raya is worth £30 million, Ortega has to be worth touching £50 million, certainly no less than £40m if we are being kind and letting him go "cheaply"

Some might blame him for their second but I'll once again point out the lack of care in some of our passes back to the keeper, another bobbler, they'll always happen if we don't take care with the balls back.
It was an error but Akanji was also very slow to get back in line, playing their fella onside.

He had a good game.

That double save was quite something. We are pretty fortunate to have Stefan as a no.2.

Some of the distribution was sublime, picking out Haaland multiple times was great to see.
I really appreciated the different ways we played from the keeper instead of playing the short ball all the time.
Awesome keeper and really hope he stays for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.