1894 Singing Section - Real Madrid (H) 17/03

I thought it looked great. Don’t take this the wrong way but I think some of your previous displays have been a bit lame... other teams like Newcastle and Huddersfield create really good displays and I think previous ones haven’t been that creative.

The one last night was really creative and different, which is what made it look good.

I think this perceived lameness is as much, if not more, down to apathy amongst some fans who don't join in as it is to do with the ideas themselves, many of which have been imaginative enough. To take a good example, the "Power And Glory" display against Celtic in 2016 had the potential to be a very good display - 2 huge banners of Paul Power and Kompany dropped down from tier 2 with thousands of fans in tier 1 holding up foils at the same time. The trouble is, only about 20%-30% bothered to hold up the foils so the display didn't come off. Compare that to the other night when many more fans joined in with the ship display and the difference is stark. We also did a simple foil display against Sevilla in 2015 and most fans joined in, plus we did something similar for the home derby in SS3 in 2016 which went well, but all too often too many fans can't be bothered with a simple task. With the right mentality amongst enough fans on a consistent basis, we can achieve pretty much anything (funds permitting) but more people need to buy into it.

I agree about the 2 clubs you mention. That Newcastle group seems to have appeared out of nowhere, whereas Huddersfield have been at it a few years now and it's been good to see how they've evolved. Have they got the longevity to carry this on for years to come though? Not a slight on Newcastle but I'd probably back Huddersfield over them to continue long-term.

I thought it looked great. Don’t take this the wrong way but I think some of your previous displays have been a bit lame... other teams like Newcastle and Huddersfield create really good displays and I think previous ones haven’t been that creative.

The one last night was really creative and different, which is what made it look good.

The ship was very good, but I couldn't disagree with you more, over a season our displays at home are far better than those at Newcastle & huddersfiled.

The effort put in from a relatively small group of hard working lads for over 5 seasons now shouldn't have a comment such as lame labelled against the efforts put in. We don't have a huge pot of money, we display every game with flags / banners and on certain big games up the display. Our mosaics sometimes fail a little but purely by the fact that fans don't arrive in time or hold the mosaic up. We can only be as effective as the crowd in on the day, understandably it is also not the best stadium in the country for getting in at the turnstiles.

I think if you understood what we are up against with security / money / time / support you would realise what goes in to our displays. I can safely say Newcastle / Huddersfield hardly match what we do throughout a long long season.

As a seperate on the singing, the german fans always make a lot of noise, they are very organised and have a totally different mindset as to supporting vocally their team. I don't think it is matched or will ever be matched in the English PL. We tend to change songs regularly with shorter chants and sing off the cuff songs impacted by events by each game. Once we get safestand and another crack at a singing section it will pick up again. For now unless your are in SS lower section where the atmosphere is often better than away games, you may think there is no singing as the noise doesn't travel well.

If you want some feedback, I'd consider doing displays in the family stand if you think participation is an issue. Kids are far more likely to want to hold up a piece of foil for longer than anybody else and anything that gets them involved and encourages noise is a good thing.

This reminded me of the Kippax in the 70’s and 80’s.

Top left corner, facing the pitch, near the away fans.

Chants of “Here we go” and “Let’s all have a disco”, followed by 100’s/1000’s of City fans piling into each other and pushing each other from one side of the Kippax to the other side of the Kippax. You’d often end up numerous steps and barriers away from where you were originally stood, and you had to make your way back to where you were originally stood, absolutely knackered and laughing you head off, which wasn’t easy, considering the amount of people packed into the Kippax. Great times. So glad I was part of football then, when the fans owned the terraces.

Trev & Si.

We need to get something similar going on the concourse before the game. ;-)

Last edited:
Watch to the end

Considering some want to slag it off, they all seem impressed enough to mock it

Last edited:

I think all displays are a bit lame as a rule really. They’re too European. I also think they detract from the noise in the stadium when the teams come out, especially when it’s a full stadium one, as everyone is just concentrating on holding up whatever it is they have to hold up.

I’d rather be given scarves or just big flags be waved (in the stands only, not on the pitch) or just concentrate on getting songs going about City (and not United or Liverpool) than being given blue bin bags to hold up.

I’m much more of a traditionalist than I am a Europop wannabe.

If you want some feedback, I'd consider doing displays in the family stand if you think participation is an issue. Kids are far more likely to want to hold up a piece of foil for longer than anybody else and anything that gets them involved and encourages noise is a good thing.
Great idea about getting the kids involved, but the lads from 1894 have probably got there work cut out just sorting out the singing section .Maybee the Club could sort the kids out with a flag each

Great idea about getting the kids involved, but the lads from 1894 have probably got there work cut out just sorting out the singing section .Maybee the Club could sort the kids out with a flag each

Wasn't suggesting more work, just to simply have any planned futute displays in the family stand rather than the south stand. There's suggestions it's hard work trying to convince people in the south stand to participate, you wouldn't get such reluctance from the kids in the south stand, I imagine the majority would be thrilled to be involved.

Wasn't suggesting more work, just to simply have any planned futute displays in the family stand rather than the south stand. There's suggestions it's hard work trying to convince people in the south stand to participate, you wouldn't get such reluctance from the kids in the south stand, I imagine the majority would be thrilled to be involved.
Cant do any harm in trying

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.