19 | Julian Alvarez - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that cross/pass he tried a couple of times across to Jack. Never judge much based on preseason stuff but he certainly looks lively and obviously has good vision. Promising.

He is so exciting. He’s the type of player that makes defenders nervous. I’m interested to see how he fits on a wing.. but I’d love to see him and Halaand up front vs Bayern

His defending from the front and energetic pressing nearly led to two goals.

It's a huge asset to have as even if he's not scoring or playing well he'll be a menace to the opposition.

I think the Vardy comparison is a good one. Not quite as fast, but very sharp and aggressive.

his game is very very similar to suarez. river plate even tried to replace alvarez with suarez. The best thing about alvarez's game is his energy and link up play and if he is given a clear chance he will score. but don't expect him to be a legendary finisher like aguero.

It's difficult to judge from one game, but I thought there were plenty of positive signs and stand-out moments. I suppose the key thing is that he didn't look out of place, which for a new forward player is promising (considering he'll likely need time to adapt like the others we've signed over the years).

I'm trying to reserve a bit of judgement because I know he's a bit fitter and sharper than the rest. But I'm very optimistic.

His pressing ability will definitely be a plus over the season.

90 minutes were enough to understand and declare -> Gabriel Jesus has been fully replaced :D <3

Finishing skills though, had 1-2 good moments but couldn't, but his overall game was fantastic.. Pressing, running, fighting, passing, carrying the ball and etc..

Great addition to the squad..

90 minutes were enough to understand and declare -> Gabriel Jesus has been fully replaced :D <3

Finishing skills though, had 1-2 good moments but couldn't, but his overall game was fantastic.. Pressing, running, fighting, passing, carrying the ball and etc..

Great addition to the squad..

If Alvarez can replace Jesus' quality and work-rate, then Pep may play him on the right side:

Foden--Haaland--Alvarez

Average age - 22, total cost - 65m. Incredible!

In comparison, Havertz and Nunez cost 80m...

People might need to lower their expectations of him for this season. He’ll look much better at the moment because he’s coming to us having just played properly so he looks much fitter and sharper than others. At some time in the season ahead, however, it will catch up with him and he’ll suddenly hit a wall. Once he gets through this season and his body and mind acclimatise to the new rhythm, then we’ll see him flourish.
He'll undoubtedly have ups and downs but we saw very encouraging signs last night. His pressing and movement were incredible and his link up play was far beyond what I expected. He showed he has the tools to be a success. Just need to see him shoot now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.