19 | Julian Alvarez - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got criticised for suggesting he could look at doing the Kev role couple of months ago
While I think Julian Alvarez is more natural Stryker, in his best game he played as a attacking midfielder.
Back in 2021 for the Libertadores cup River Plate was decimated by COVID and injuries. Only 10 players were unharmed. 2 of them were youngster that had never been played in the first team. No goalkeeper was available.
It was a very important game, so River was forced to use an injuried midfielder as a token goalkeeper. Off course with no substitution available. Nevertheless the performance was outstanding, and they win 2-1.
Julian played like a maniac. Pressing, and Running (basic Julian Alvarez) but he also assisted a lot of times to the other Striker. Sadly the other guy missed all his opportunities. Julian nevertheless won't. He scored the winning goal.

There were other match in Argentina were he played great (for example the 6 goals against Cristal) but that game for me he was superb, and he played in that role you suggest.

He has to play upfront, he's always played there, if you want to prepare him for a KdB type of role then be patient because things may not work out right away, it will take some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.