19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

The longer we keep him, the less we’ll get when we do eventually sell him.

This is the summer to get rid. Harsh but true. His stock is high.
I’m convinced we could get 80/90m now for what is really a 35/40m player.

Go again with the next experiment… he’s just another F.Torres, Jesus. Money to be made.
Good standard just not our (expected) level.
How many goals and assists does he need to have to become 'our' expected level?

The post above yours offers this stat

Julian has 28 G/A this season in 3.039 minutes, and Erling has 36 G/A in 3,022 minutes.

So he is currently at non-league level behind our L2 striker atm.

Go again with the next experiment… he’s just another F.Torres, Jesus. Money to be made.
Go again with the next experiment? So who might that be?

Since Alvarez is only worth £35/40m in your opinion who is this Worldie (our level) striker you think we should buy to play 2nd fiddle to Haaland?

Play 2 of Haaland, Alvarez or Foden up top always.

Alvarez in midfield needs to stop, play Kevin there.

For the most important games pick the 2 in form, currently thats Foden plus 1 of the strikers, probably Haaland.

No need to judge him when he plays in midfield as that's Pep's fault.
If Haaland played as a 10 (in midfield), what the hell would we be saying on here, let me give you a guess, "he's just not at our level"
Let's be fair in our criticism, just like how every jumps on Haaland's defense when he misses sitters, Alvarez is a striker, not a midfielder

Play 2 of Haaland, Alvarez or Foden up top always.

Alvarez in midfield needs to stop, play Kevin there.

For the most important games pick the 2 in form, currently thats Foden plus 1 of the strikers, probably Haaland.
Haaland is not "in form" either, against a low block, if Haaland doesn't score, we are literally playing with 10

He is 20 goal a season striker ,problem with letting him go is that Haaland is non-committal to the club .

I'm not his biggest fan by any stretch, but like Nunes, the criticism of him was wildly over the top. He played well. I do think his ball-striking ability is overrated, but he's a good player and works his butt off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.