19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need for that. It is just how I see him after watching him every single game.

Alvarez is not a proper striker. He is not a winger. He is not a midfielder. He does everything decent. Our team suffered with Pep trying to find a position for him. It culminated with Liverpool away and Alvarez on the left wing. Awful performance.

He has a brilliant work rate though. But we are not the athletic club.
Yes, we really have struggled since his arrival, a treble and then the title, robbed in the semi by RM and one genuinely bad team performance in the FA Cup final, on another day we may well have had back to back treble in his time here.

His own personal stats

22/23 49 games 17 goals, 5 assists 2526 minutes
23/24 54 games 19 goals. 13 asissts 3481 minutes

I can see the lad has struggled massively in all the games you have seen him play.

I think I wasn't harsh enough in the first place tbh.

Yes, we really have struggled since his arrival, a treble and then the title, robbed in the semi by RM and one genuinely bad team performance in the FA Cup final, on another day we may well have had back to back treble in his time here.

His own personal stats

I can see the lad has struggled massively in all the games you have seen him play.

Don’t think we should give team credits to one player. He didn’t start our last 3 EPL games last season and I think he knows his place in the team. He actually played a lot more than deserved. For me it is a good time to sell him now and provide a better competition for Erling.

Don’t think we should give team credits to one player. He didn’t start our last 3 EPL games last season and I think he knows his place in the team. He actually played a lot more than deserved. For me it is a good time to sell him now and provide a better competition for Erling.

Of course, you don't, I mean why would you want to give credit to the stats that make your assertion that you'd never seen him play well a load of old billy bollocks.

Btw don't watch a highlight reel of Haaland's shocking misses from last season and then compare the huge drop off from season 1 to season 2 of his goal involvements or you might want to sell him at peak price before he gets even worse.

Best give RM a ring and see what you can get in a job lot.

As for the 'he played a lot more than he deserved' and 'Provide better competition for Haaland'

he had 32 G/A and Haaland had 44 G/A or are those pesky stats not counting again?

I'm trying my hardest not to call you dumb at this point ffs

Of course, you don't, I mean why would you want to give credit to the stats that make your assertion that you'd never seen him play well a load of old billy bollocks.

Btw don't watch a highlight reel of Haaland's shocking misses from last season and then compare the huge drop off from season 1 to season 2 of his goal involvements or you might want to sell him at peak price before he gets even worse.

Best give RM a ring and see what you can get in a job lot.

As for the 'he played a lot more than he deserved' and 'Provide better competition for Haaland'

he had 32 G/A and Haaland had 44 G/A or are those pesky stats not counting again?

I'm trying my hardest not to call you dumb at this point ffs
Alvarez is a decent player in the best team on the world. Just like Ferran was. And Jesus.

His own personal stats

I think it’s probably a bit of both. He’s a very good player, but the reality is he won’t ever be the main man at City cause of Haaland. He’s not an out and out striker for me, but as the previous poster said, he’s a bit of everything.

Jack of all trades master of none. That might be a bit harsh cause he’s a top player, but I don’t see his future with us long term.

No need for that. It is just how I see him after watching him every single game.

Alvarez is not a proper striker. He is not a winger. He is not a midfielder. He does everything decent. Our team suffered with Pep trying to find a position for him. It culminated with Liverpool away and Alvarez on the left wing. Awful performance.

He has a brilliant work rate though. But we are not the athletic club.
WIth that logic we should all have a team with 11 Messi. A team is built based on the coach's knowledge of how to get the best out of every player and at the same time making sure that it's a well balanced team. There's a reason why Alvarez is constantly playing (and winning trophies) for Argentina national squad, so i think the analysis should go a little deeper than what you are suggesting.

I don't mind Alvarez leaving if we bring Olmo in.
That role Pep was trying to shoe Alvarez in (behind the striking and dropping into midfield) is tailor made for Olmo.
(Olmo) can score, can assist, can play out wide and is technically way superior than Alvarez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.