19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haaland hasn't played in nearly 2 months and is still premier league top scorer on 14.

Has he missed good chances? Yeah. He did last season too but the memory of those got washed away with the success. All top players miss them.

He's still been smashing it this season and was averaging a goal per game, just like he ended up on last season.
The slight difference is that in the League last season we were scoring from other outlets, whereas this season we seemed to become more reliant on Haaland in the opening 15 fixtures. Think we were about 10 goals down on the corresponding number last season. It's not a gripe against him or anyone else, just that I want to see us get ahead early enough in games so as to be able to rest other key players. We'll soon be in the hardest months and certain players have not been rested, largely because the forwards haven't put games to bed and Guardiola likes his three-goal cushion.

Took his goals well, but I wish he'd come to get on the ball more. Twelve passes completed when we have 85% possession is underwhelming if you're not Erling Haaland and have the pace to consistently beat their backline with pace.

Happy 24th BDay to him!

After some questioning his goalscorer instinct those were two goalscorer goals, great ghosting into space for the first and the second is a much tidier finish than it looks, he's to be really precise for that to go in. Looking sharp and even with the returning players he will have a key role in our season.

Happy with him.

It can't be easy going between being the team's striker, to then playing in attacking midfield behind the striker.

It requires a different mindset and toolkit from him, and I kind of see him as a jack of all trades kinda player with very good goal scoring ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.